ADVERTISEMENT

EDGY via Daily Herald: Why I'm Obsessed with the Southwest Valley Conference

The SWSC is what I followed most closely so I too echo your excitement Edgy. This is going to be really fun and interesting. I still think the divisions aren't quite equal and yes, LW's should be playing each other...but we got a nice little change of pace with teams to look at.

Maybe it's just a me thing?
You state, "It's strange to see all 3 LW schools not playing each other this season." It remains beyond strange then how LWW and LWC have managed to avoid playing LWE in cross-overs while Stagg and Andrew have had East on the schedule 7 times during the 4 seasons 2021-2024. Bringing the cross-over schedule model(s) into the light of day would go a long way toward explaining this inequity that has continued even through a huge conference change this year.

Reactions: mullin17
You state, "It's strange to see all 3 LW schools not playing each other this season." It remains beyond strange then how LWW and LWC have managed to avoid playing LWE in cross-overs while Stagg and Andrew have had East on the schedule 7 times during the 4 seasons 2021-2024. Bringing the cross-over schedule model(s) into the light of day would go a long way toward explaining this inequity that has continued even through a huge conference change this year.
My first thought was enrollement

LWE 2729

Stagg 2479

Andrew 2217

LWC 1950

LWW 1927

But then Bradley B (1877) has cross overed with LWE and Lockport (3821) and others

Last edited:
Reactions: johnndoe
My first thought was enrollement

LWE 2729

Stagg 2479

Andrew 2217

LWC 1950

LWW 1927

But then Bradley B (1877) has cross overed with LWE and Lockport (3821) and others
Ok, so let's drill down some on Bradley for the past 3 seasons, since they escape playing LWE this year. Each of those seasons the Boilers "drew" the Griffins and every one of those years had enrollment smaller than LWC who avoided East entirely.

Couldn’t agree more. All 3 Lincoln Ways will be good this year. They missed out on some really good and entertaining matchups. No one in their right mind wants to see East vs Stagg in 2 weeks…………

Couldn’t agree more. All 3 Lincoln Ways will be good this year. They missed out on some really good and entertaining matchups. No one in their right mind wants to see East vs Stagg in 2 weeks…………
Exactly I am not sure why no LW cross overs. To be fair IMO LWC or LWW can’t beat East but certainly more entertaining. Stagg doesn't even have a puncher’s chance.
Sorry if the truth hurts.

Exactly I am not sure why no LW cross overs. To be fair IMO LWC or LWW can’t beat East but certainly more entertaining. Stagg doesn't even have a puncher’s chance.
Sorry if the truth hurts.
Fair point. If you look back at when they used to play even if East beat them the environment was on another level. 2017 East vs Central had to have had at least 8-10 thousand people there. Another crazy thing too is if East ends up having a bye week week 2, they’re going to have to play their starters at least a half against Stagg to keep their legs going for the next push of the season. And that might be running clock by half time….

Fair point. If you look back at when they used to play even if East beat them the environment was on another level. 2017 East vs Central had to have had at least 8-10 thousand people there. Another crazy thing too is if East ends up having a bye week week 2, they’re going to have to play their starters at least a half against Stagg to keep their legs going for the next push of the season. And that might be running clock by half time….
Agreed
Sucks for East to be in this position.

8-10,000? 🤔🤔

8-10,000? 🤔🤔
Yes. I know that’s a crazy number but without a doubt it was that many. If you’ve ever been to Centrals field they have a lot of grass where a lot of people can stand and that was jammed plus the stands on both sides. I think it was their homecoming I can’t recall but definitely one of the bigger crowds I have seen

Ok, so let's drill down some on Bradley for the past 3 seasons, since they escape playing LWE this year. Each of those seasons the Boilers "drew" the Griffins and every one of those years had enrollment smaller than LWC who avoided East entirely.
Although they never quite got over the hump, Bradley has had some very competitive games vs East since the Covid year. Probably more competitive than anyone else in the league over that stretch.

Reactions: corey90
Although they never quite got over the hump, Bradley has had some very competitive games vs East since the Covid year. Probably more competitive than anyone else in the league over that stretch.
Usually when playing down at B-B, I think we would find. Teams can get ambushed or very nearly so down there.

Reactions: corey90
Usually when playing down at B-B, I think we would find. Teams can get ambushed or very nearly so down there.
Not really. Since COVID:

2023 B-B lost @ LWE 27-3 (The Brook played them closer that year, losing 20-0)
2022 LWE won @ B-B 28-21 OT
2021 B-B lost @ LWE 21-18

Reactions: johnndoe
Not really. Since COVID:

2023 B-B lost @ LWE 27-3 (The Brook played them closer that year, losing 20-0)
2022 LWE won @ B-B 28-21 OT
2021 B-B lost @ LWE 21-18
A wins a win and a loss is a loss. Coach Z would tell you that but even coach would say that B-B is a tough out for East. Match ups are a real thing. 👍

Reactions: doctor_d
Stagg tried to get into the same Conference with Argo, Reavis,Oak Lawn but were declined. Why? It’d almost be like the old Sica North

Would Stagg be better off in the Romeoville/JC/PC division of the SW Prairie or the "eastern" division of the Upstate 8?
It just does not seem like D230 (Sandburg, Stagg, Andrew) would have much of an appetite for splitting any school(s) off into another conference umbrella.

LWE is 64-1 against the old SWSC RED teams over the past 20 years. The only loss came from Bradley in 2016. Bradley consistently plays them the closest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT