ADVERTISEMENT

CPL Pick 'EM Week 8!

GhostOfTheGhhost

May 14, 2018
Week 8? More like Week GREAT! On to the picks!

Steinmetz vs North Grand
Steinmetz has played 4 games. Nothing more CPL than starting a week late, forfeiting two games, and somehow pulling out a win as well. North Grand has only played 6 games. They have forfeited one game and won two. Fittingly, this game is going to be played on the campus of one of these two schools. Keep in mind that neither of these two schools have stadiums, they have "turf fields" behind the schools. Yes, these fields have lines. No, these fields don't have stands. Bring a lawn chair. If it's played at North Grand, hit up a bar called Uncle Mikes at Armitage and Pulaski. Cool vibe, but one of those Chicago bars that has a drop ceiling and fluorescent lights that always seem to be on.
Pick...NO ADMISSION FEES!

Kelly vs Washington
I once had a guy tell me that drinking Bud Heavy was like having George Washington march the Continental Army down your throat. I think he meant that in a positive way.
America!

Taft vs Clark
Not sure why I was thinking about this the other day, but there was a diner at the corner of Nagle and NW Hwy by Taft that had the best fries. It isn't there anymore. 2 or 3 places have been in there since... Ned's? Nancy's? I know it was a person's name... Anyway, I miss those fries.
Extra Salt!

Sullivan vs North Lawndale
I've gone my whole life thinking Sullivan is a last name. Never even gave a thought that it could be a first name. Until this week, that is. Since Monday, I've met two people, a man... and a woman named Sullivan. It's given me a lot to think about...
Lawns!

Reactions: forlouann
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT