ADVERTISEMENT

CPL Pick’em Week 1

Schwab54

Nov 13, 2016
GAME DAY!!! Week 1 is finally here and with games starting today.

Curie vs Fenwick
After a great 2016 until the Plainfield ref debacle Fenwick has come on some hard times. Curie took a step back last year but the future was viewed as bright with Arthur Ray as the new head coach. And then Ray Laleft for the Northwoods and now we are left with more questions. Before he Laleft he did add some talent as he got a St. Rita DL to come over. Fenwick appears to be on the rise with a young QB. All in all this should be a great game.
Fenwick 20 Curie 16

Fenger vs Harlan
The Fenger Fingers are my CPL Pick’Em lock of the week
Fenger 32 Harlan 12

Juarez vs Ottawa
Juarez makes the trip north across the border to play Ottawa. I have so many questions. What rules are they playing for this? IHSA rules, Canadian rules, or are they playing some weird hybrid rules. Last time I saw an American team play in Canada it was on an 80 yard field and they didn’t have kickoffs, very weird shit. Based on the rules my pick could change but I’m guessing some Canadian or hybrid rules which gives the advantage to the Canucks
Ottawa 44 Juarez 1(Canada probably has some weird rule where you can score a single point)

Kelly vs Back of the Yards
BOTY BOTY BOTY BOTY Rocking Everywhere
BOTY 34 Kelly 7

Kennedy vs Corliss
I do like the Crusaders this year they have a great formation with a bunch of offensive lineman that causes some issues. The question I have is more about Corliss. Is Brooks on the sideline. If Brooks is storming up and down the sideline with his cool cane I pick Corliss, if not then give me the Crusaders.
Kennedy 24 Corliss(without brooks) 6
Corliss(with brooks) 18 Kennedy 6

CICS Longwood vs Noble DRW
Give me the leaf on the LaTree of LaRay
Longwood 36 DRW 12

Payton vs Tinley Park
The NFL enters year 100. There’s been a bunch of top 100 Bears list. Walter Payton is always #1, the trend continues
Payton 24 Tinley Park 17

Phillips vs Cass Tech
Expectations are high for Phillips again. Phillips as usual has some top transfers coming including 1 from Hope and 2 from Hubbard, including a QB again. This has the potential to be a great one.
Cass Tech 14 Phillips 8

Westinghouse vs Orr
Another one I’m looking forward to. Westinghouse is coming off a solid year and has some top talent. Orr is coming off a great year that included a playoff win. Ultimately I love rowing the boats
Orr 36 Westinghouse 28

Solorio vs Clark
Solorio has lost a lot of talent. They do get their RB back this season who has a chance to be the next great Sun Warrior. Michelle is young and up and coming. Is this the year they take the next step? I’m not sure about that yet but I do know Michelle is making better young men with their great coaching staff led by man Percy!
Solorio 18 Michelle Clark 13

I could not be more happy. CPL Pick'em is on!

Fenwick over Curie
Madam Curie is regarded as one of the greatest chemists and physicists. Even she couldn't explain how the Curie coach abandoned his team and skipped town right before the season started. It's LaRidiculous. The bible says the sinners will have to deal with the lord. Take God's team in this one.

Fenger over Harlan
Fenger is the pick. Against everyone. Take the Fingers.

Ottawa over Juarez
Someone just told me that Ottawa is a city in Illinois and not the capital of Ontario, Canada. This guy is clearly not smart. Take the Canadians on the 110 yard field north of the border.

BOTY over Kelly
My neighbor just named his newborn daughter Kelly. Even with her, Kelly won't be able to stop BOTY from shakin' all night! Take BOTY.

Kennedy
over Corliss
Kennedy was a US President. Corliss, sounds like cordless. No connection, just pointing those things out. Take America.

CICS Longwood over Noble DRW
The only names that rival these CPS schools are co-ops with 2 hyphens. Take Longwood.

Payton
over Tinley Park
I like Tinley Park. Great place to see a concert in the summer. Unfortunately, not a great place to play football. Take the #1 Bear of all time.

Cass Tech
over Phillips
Cass Tech is named after Lewis Cass, who served as a US General and Secretary of War. Phillips plays 11 men within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage on defense. Tactical advantage to Cass Tech.

Orr over Westinghouse
Orr is fun to say. Everyone with me...Orr... Orr ...Orr! Rolls off the tongue like Orr will roll over Westinghouse.

Solorio over Michelle
Not sure what this beacon of hope stuff is about. I am sure that Solorio will win this one going away. Solorio in a rout.

Last edited:
Curie over Fenwick- even with their coach leaving, Curie is too big and talentef for Fenwick.

Harlan over Fenger- I hate when ppl give me the Finger so I'm going with Harlan

Ottawa over Juarez - Juarez just isn't very good

Back of the Yards over Kelly - look out for my little cousin, Brandon Crittenden, 6' 180lbs RB, a young bull

Curie over Fenwick- even with their coach leaving, Curie is too big and talentef for Fenwick.

Harlan over Fenger- I hate when ppl give me the Finger so I'm going with Harlan

Ottawa over Juarez - Juarez just isn't very good

Back of the Yards over Kelly - look out for my little cousin, Brandon Crittenden, 6' 180lbs RB, a young bull

Harlan over Fenger? Are you insane?!?!?! You must always pick Fenger

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT