ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19 conditions, IHSA decision force changes for state recruiting

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hig...cle_397a3f78-d8f2-11ea-9bf2-f74c926c58d2.html

Just go out and win some national track titles ...

Now at 6-foot-2 and 171 pounds,Myles Norwood started as a junior CB for Trinity - but not lots of highlights because no one threw at him.

What got Norwood noticed was a Junior Olympics national championship in the decathlon with 5,447 points. He also won the 15-16 age group’s national championship in the long jump (21 feet, 11.25 inches), took third in the high jump, fourth in the triple jump and was eighth in the javelin.

“(College coaches) love that I run track, that I’m an athlete,” Norwood said. “That’s what got me a lot of these offers.”

Norwood now counts 18 offers including Air Force, Army, Austin Peay, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Brown, Eastern Illinois, Eastern Michigan, Fordham, Holy Cross, Missouri State, Navy, Northern Illinois, Southeast Missouri State and Youngstown State.

Making things more intriguing is several Power 5 programs have taken an interest in him and are communicating regularly. Iowa, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Washington State have Norwood on their radar. They’ve told him they’d like to see film of his first three games this season to help their evaluation. It’s made Norwood’s choice a little harder as this season may or may not happen as the nation continues to slog through the pandemic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT