*York
Oak Park-River Forest
Downers Grove North
Lyons Township
Proviso West

+denotes predicted 2021 conference champion
*denotes IHSA state playoff projected qualifier

They Said It! Quotes from Those Around the West Suburban Silver Conference

"Glenbard West will be good again this season, and I think they will be better than the spring."
"Hinsdale Central last spring was as strong as they've been in a while. They should be solid again this fall."
"I think you have the top two (HC/GBW) then it's a decent drop off from there."
"Lyons looked good this summer and they will be better this fall. They are my sleeper team."
"DGN has a nice core of kids back and the offense is evolving."
"I'm not sure on the overall depth these days with OPRF but they still have some great looking skill kids."
"York graduated some key skill kids but the have built up the talent level and numbers."

Preseason Conference Most Valuable Player?

To Be Determined

Huh? OK so here is the deal....the West Suburban Silver has some strong teams and they are stacked with talented names on the rise. yet from an overall impact standpoint? Hinsdale Central needs to replace a standout QB in Michael Brescia who's now at Cornell along with a handful of key names. Glenbard West? The Hitters have just two starters back on offense and one (WR Ju Ju Ellens) at the offensive skills position. York is also in search of skill kids to replace some key graduation losses, and you can go down the entire conference and see the same issue this early season. More than a few names no question will emerge as the season progresses...but for now I don't see a knockout early candidate.

Toughest Overall Schedule?

Downers Grove North-
The Trojans open up with three very solid non conference games to start the 2021 Fall season. Downers grove North opens up the season hosting Hoffman Estates then will host Willowbrook in Week 2. Week 3 bright the annual Civil War taking on district rival Downers Grove South in Week 3 at South. Glenbard West also get a nod here when they host Grandville Michigan in Week 1 who is a very solid program.

Sleeper Player to Watch?

Lyons Township senior QB Joey Antonietti-
Lyons Township senior QB/S Joey Antonietti is a very impressive two way starter and athlete for the Lions and first year head coach Jon Beutjer. Antonietti has impressive size, is comfortable inside and outside of the pocket and also possesses a strong and very accurate arm. The Lions welcome back a team that gained a ton of experience in the spring season with 17 starters back in the fold this fall. If Lyons Township can post a much improved season this fall, look for Antonietti to play a huge role on both sides of the football.

Top 2021 Conference Games?

Lyons Township at Hinsdale Central
September 10th- This will be a good early preview for both the Lions and the Red Devils in conference play. Can Lyons work out the kinks after a few weeks of regular season conference play and get ready for the Red Devils? Will Hinsdale Central have settled on a starting quarterback by this point? Have some key play makers begun to emerge?

York at Downers Grove North September 17th- Again two teams here with upper tier conference and IHSA state playoff aspirations.

Hinsdale Central at Glenbard West October 23rd- Week 9 recently haven't had a ton of drama....and while I feel both of these teams will be state playoff bound...I can still see a lot to play for (West Sub Silver title/IHSA playoff seeding) and is nothing better than a Week 9 game with a lot on the line at Duchon Field?

West Suburban Silver Conference Statement Game?

Hinsdale Central at Naperville Central-
This Week 1 showdown features two of the better overall Class 8A sized programs in the greater western suburbs. Both the Red Devils and the Red Hawks have some key names back, yet they also both have some serious questions and holes to fill after spring graduation losses. A win here no question is a strong early indicator toward which program could put together a strong regular season. Both Hinsdale Central and Naperville Central will be Class 8A state ranked going into this game as well.

Reactions: RD_Watcher
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News