Maine East
Niles North

+denotes predicted 2021 conference champion
*denotes IHSA state playoff projected qualifier

They Said It! Quotes from Those Around the Central Suburban North Conference

"Deerfield has some big time kids back and they will be strong this fall."
"Vernon Hills has some really good kids back."
"Highland Park is a team that is always tough and don't look past them."
"(Maine) East seems to be improving each season.
"(Niles) North was able to get more kids in the program but it's still a struggle to change the mindset for football."
"Maine West? They should still be a team who can challenge everyone here."

Preseason Conference MVP?

Deerfield senior RB/LB Luke Woodson-
Woodson will be a three year varsity starter this fall for the Warriors, and Woodson has also been a two way player as well. Deerfield head coach Steve Winiecki has talent this fall and Woodson is a big part of that talented group, yet what makes Woodson stand out here is his versatility and value in literally every phase of the game. Woodson is always making plays, always seems to be around the football and look for a big final high school finish here for Woodson.

Toughest Overall Schedule?

Deerfield-
In all honesty I don;'t see any of the CSL North programs having any one specific overwhelming opponents, yet Deerfield has a steady group of teams and challenges this fall. The Warriors open up on the road against Hinsdale South. Grayslake North, Rolling Meadows and Schaumburg. Deerfield also will take on Vernon Hills and Highland Park after the four non conference game schedule, and the Warriors will need to be ready for this six week spring out of the gates.

Sleeper Player to Watch?

Vernon Hills senior WR Jake Pieper-
Pieper is a speedy slot receiver type for the Cougars who just has terrific hands, runs great routes and shows the ability to make tough catches over the middle along with having the ability to separate. Pieper is also part of a nice core of returning seniors for the Cougars and look for Pieper to lead the way for a team I feel is state playoff bound this fall. Pieper has drawn various FCS level attention and interest this summer.

Top 2021 Conference Games?

Vernon Hills at Deerfield-
September 24th- Both teams have talent and experience back this fall. Deerfield lost to VH 19-6 in the spring season and I fully expect Deerfield to come out looking for payback. This game could very well be an early CSL North championship game.

Deerfield at Highland Park October 1st- This is also another strong rivalry game and Deerfield beat the Giants 7-0 in the spring season.

Maine West at Highland Park October 22nd- Again I just get the feeling that at minimum IHSA state playoff implications will be on the line in this strong Week 9 showdown.

Central Suburban North Conference Statement Game?

Any CSL North Mid Suburban Conference crossover games-
The Central Suburban North conference ramped up the non conference schedules a few year back with a crossover series with the Mid Suburban Conference. I love the matchups and in many ways this just helps the North side of the CSL to improve against teams outside of the traditional non conference games. Games for the top teams in the CSL North like Deerfield (Rolling Meadows/Schaumburg) and Vernon Hills (Elk Grove/Hoffman Estates) are great matchup and will help both teams come state playoff time.

Reactions: LukeStrot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News