ADVERTISEMENT

Centralia Petitions For Althoff Ouster from South Seven

Is there more to this than the roughing penalty ? Sounds like the Althoff coach did the right thing by pulling the offender from the game.

I wouldn't mind seeing them in the MVC and bring Collinsville in too. Add a tough private school and a larger school to help prepare for postseason.

There has been some bad behavior ... but they sure do love their hoops and we've whooped them good recently. Plus all other sports - wrestling, baseball, golf ... the girls win a lot too.

Maybe ... maybe ACHS gave them the excuse with their past antics.

There has been some bad behavior ... but they sure do love their hoops and we've whooped them good recently. Plus all other sports - wrestling, baseball, golf ... the girls win a lot too.

Maybe ... maybe ACHS gave them the excuse with their past antics.

Is the behavior THAT bad? I saw the video of the kicker being tackled late. Coach did the right thing. I wouldn't think that something like that would lead to potentially getting kicked out of the conference.

I should clarify my words - as far as player antics, that video is as bad as it gets.

Put together a film of other personal fouls, it’s for flying st the ball - physics doesn’t always allow a person to pull up on time.

I should clarify my words - as far as player antics, that video is as bad as it gets.

Put together a film of other personal fouls, it’s for flying st the ball - physics doesn’t always allow a person to pull up on time.

I see. So, the bad behavior is there, but Centralia is exaggerating a bit.

When are you people going to quit beating around the bush here? There is definitely a push on to get Catholic schools out of these conferences which are mostly made up of government schools. This is not so much of a problem up north where there are enough Catholic schools to form conferences among themselves. The fact that the IHSA has changed the rules of the game to add the "Punishment Adjustment" to what was termed an equitable solution (the multiplier) when it was instituted, should have been a clue that it was open season on Catholic teams which were successful. Not really surprising in this age of participation ribbons, however.

I was in attendance at last year's Crusader/Orphan game. What isn't ever mentioned is that the Centralia sideline and crowd screaming profanities, threats, and even dropping the a classless and hateful word on one player in particular. I watched one Althoff player get his helmet ripped off during a defensive play along their sideline. I saw on at least two occasions Althoff players being punched during play. Know the whole story.

I was in attendance at last year's Crusader/Orphan game. What isn't ever mentioned is that the Centralia sideline and crowd screaming profanities, threats, and even dropping the a classless and hateful word on one player in particular. I watched one Althoff player get his helmet ripped off during a defensive play along their sideline. I saw on at least two occasions Althoff players being punched during play. Know the whole story.

To piggy back off this I was at an Althoff- Centrailia game About 2 or 3 years ago Where fans were on the parking lot fighting. Don't know who started but there was an altercation where police where called. I think its but parties not just Althoff

Was this in Belleville? The problem with the Lindenwood set up was it was too open and spread out. Park where you can - tailgate in areas that are not in controlled environments.

That foot traffic through groups of people who may be drinking - who may not even be fans, but neighbors - bad things can happen.

Was this in Belleville? The problem with the Lindenwood set up was it was too open and spread out. Park where you can - tailgate in areas that are not in controlled environments.

That foot traffic through groups of people who may be drinking - who may not even be fans, but neighbors - bad things can happen.
Yes

I didn't hear that side of the story...interesting. And if it's the "classless and hateful word" that I'm thinking of, that's not all that surprising. Right after college I dated a girl from Centralia and I remember her mentioning having those kinds of problems in her experience there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT