ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Question: Warren Township Blue Devils

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
So what is the biggest question facing the 2021 Fall Warren Township Blue Devils? Make sure to check back here daily for new teams and the biggest questions each day leading up to IHSA Fall Football Kickoff.

Team: Warren Township Blue Devils

Biggest Question?

Warren Township and had coach Bryan McNulty has put together the Blue Devils into a North Suburban power in Class 8A over the past handful of years, including a Class 8A second place finish in 2019. The Blue Devils posted a perfect spring season and no question benefitted from a spring season that allowed several new faces gain valuable varsity experience who return this fall.

The Biggest Question? Can this Warren Township team win the Class 8A state title this fall?

Looking for the short answer to this question? Yes, this upcoming Warren Township team has the potential to again make a deep run in Class 8A and depending upon the bracket/matchups etc. they have as strong of a shot as any team in Class 8A.

Need a bit more if a breakdown? Sure, I can help with that as well.

Warren Township's calling card as a program is the defense and how the Blue Devils defense has been able to slow down and in many cases shut down the state's top offenses week in and week out. The last few seasons, the Blue Devils defense has been a terrific combination of speed, strength and athleticism and this is also a defense that has been extremely disciplined week in and week out. Can the Fall 2021 defense come close to that high bar set before them?

In many ways yes. Warren Township welcomes back 10 starters in defense from the spring season, including some key play makers and vocal leaders. Senior LB Jailen Handford (C Mich) is a big time hitter and defenders and also keep an eye on the likes of senior DT Kameron Shaw, senior LB Christian Eubanks plus a strong secondary led by senior S Ben Wilson and junior DB Jailen Duffie.

The Blue Devils offense? Here is where I feel Warren Township is able to separate themsleves from the past few seasons this fall. The Warren Township offense has a ton of talent back this fall. Senior RB Maurice Edwards (Vanderbilt) is going to have a major breakout year. The remaining backfield and skills is also at a high level and includes two top quarterbacks in senior Aidan Lucero along with junior Adam Behrens, along with senior RB Ben McLaughlin and a ton of top receivers.

The biggest question I have at least from a positional standpoint? Can the Blue Devils reload a bit on the offensive line, a line that has two starters back in senior Kole Weinberg and senior Cohen Rye.

Overall? I see a lot to like here from Warren Township this preseason and this will be a top ranked team in Class 8A and in Chicagoland this fall.

Your thoughts on the biggest question facing Warren Township?

Feel free to ask away here. I will also tease this out on the FREE Board as well....

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News