ADVERTISEMENT

Battle for Janes Ave: DGS 0 'Brook 35

Cross Bones

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2001
Game started out looking like it was going to be like the old school Mustang/Raider games with DGS taking the initial possession and driving for over 7 minutes and to the red zone before stalling and turning the ball over on downs. Raiders' first play from scrimmage was a sign of things to come as A. Williams had a long run into Mustang territory and was followed up by a nice run by Pringle at which point the drive stalled. Both teams initial possessions were hindered by some penalties. Raider's D tightened up from there and offense was off to the races mostly on the ground with Williams, Pringle, and Wallace getting some nice gains carry after carry. B Suggs had some nice passes and should only get better. After a 28-0 halftime lead and early 3rd qtr score of 35-0 they took the foot off the pedal.

I'll say on the first possession DGS looked mighty tough. They have some players and I think they'll be a factor in the Gold. They're going to have to find a way around the two QB system though because it makes them too predictable. Today the running QB was more effective, but they'll either have to pass with him or find a way to have a running game with the other to keep teams honest.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised by both.

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT