ADVERTISEMENT

5a North

Peete was the focal point, Walter Payton didnt score in the Super Bowl either. Johnsburg had their number.
Johnsburg did not have their number. I believe phillips had 7 turnovers. They outgained Johnsburg 475-100. Perfect storm for them to win.

Johnsburg did not have their number. I believe phillips had 7 turnovers. They outgained Johnsburg 475-100. Perfect storm for them to win.

I don’t know about anyone’s number - but turnovers are part of the game and it is what it is. If you don’t take care of (or are careless with) the rock and/or your opponent is hard hitting and forces turnovers - it is what it is. There were at least 3 games this year where Waubonsie out gained their opponent in yardage by a significant amount and lost. And in those games WV had multiple turnovers and lost the turnover battle and hence lost the game. That certainly doesn’t mean WV should have won those games - it might mean that if they could limit the turnovers their chances of winning those games would have improved. That’s it. Same with last year’s Phillips/Johns game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT