EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Chicago Brother Rice Crusaders

Head Coach:
Casey Quedenfeld

Assistant Coaches:

Matt Kelly - Offensive Coordinator / RB Dino Borrelli - QB / Pass Game Coordinator Richie Lane - WR / SPTC Jason Scurlock - OL Pat Hosty - OL Damon Gladney - DL Alvin Lacy - CB Mike Morrison - Safeties Steve Nye - LB

School Nickname/Mascot: Crusaders

Team Twitter Handle: @BrotherRiceFB

Conference: Chicago Catholic League Blue

2023 Regular Season schedule (if known):

Week 1 - (looking)
Week 2 - @ Marist
Week 3 - @ St Ignatius
Week 4 - @ Loyola Academy
Week 5 - St Viator
Week 6 - Mt Carmel (Chicago)
Week 7 - @ Nazareth Academy
Week 8 - Montini Catholic
Week 9 - St Rita

Returning Offensive Starters for 2023:

Conor Kenzinger / OL / 6'6" / 285lbs / 2024
Eddie Maloney / OL / 6' / 230lbs / 2024
Nick Baser / OL / 5'11" / 260lbs / 2024
Tilon Foreman / OL / 6'2" / 280lbs / 2024
Randall Nauden / RB / 5'10" / 195lbs / 2024
Ryan Hartz / QB / 6'1" / 175lbs / 2024
Marcus Brown / QB / 6'2" / 180lbs / 2024
Rickey Taylor / WR / 6' / 170lbs / 2024

Returning Defensive Starters for 2023:

Mac Murzyn / DL / 6'1" / 235lbs / 2024
Leo Niksic / LB / 6'1" / 185lbs / 2024
Christian Pierce / LB / 6' / 215lbs / 2025

Newcomers to Watch for 2023:

TBD

2023 Team 7on7 or Team Summer Camp?

June 5th week starts Summer Camp.
Off the Fourth of July week.
Return the week after until August.
Monday through Thursday. Monday & Tuesday mornings;
Wednesday & Thursday evenings.

Impact Player for Brother Rice:

I can take this a few different ways and I can also point towards an impact player on each side of the football as well. On the offensive side of the football, the offensive line will be a strength in 2023 and senior OT Conor Kenzinger has all the makings of a player who is in line for a huge senior season this fall. Kenzinger has played offensive tackle for just one season so he's trying to close the experience gap quickly this off season. Defensively, junior LB Christian Pierce is already a Power 5 recruit who has the chance to become a monster game charger type over the next few seasons for the Crusaders.

EDGY's Quick Take on the 2023 Brother Rice Crusaders: Brother Rice and forst year head coach Casey Quedenfeld was able to get a very green and less experienced team in 2023 to develop and improve each week, and got the Crusaders into the Class 7A state playoff field and ended the season losing to eventual state champion and CCL Blue rival Mount Carmel.

I'm looking for Brother Rice to take more additional positive steps this fall as the Crusaders will rely on a very good and experienced offense while also looking to reload a bit on the defensive wide of the football. The overall talent level is never in short supply at Rice and I can see this Crusaders team having a much better run in the regular season and beyond this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT