ADVERTISEMENT

Wild Wednesday

JCA chose to save their ace, Duchene, and paid the price. Although, seven infield errors didn't help whoever would have pitched. The freshman pitcher for LW West threw the ball very well.

I was very surpised that Providence lost to Marist.........what an upset filled day Wednesday was

JCA's team weaknesses were on full display Wednesday night. Their hitting has been spotty all year, and infield defense was a problem all year also. Taking nothing away from LW West, the freshman pitcher was outstanding, but this is one of the worst losses in recent memory for JCA's baseball program. LW West got two hits and won the game. Seven errors? Come on. Quite frankly, JCA lost to a team that they should have beaten. But, that's why they play the games. And that's how single elimination tournaments go, especially in baseball.

Originally posted by Joliet7:
JCA chose to save their ace, Duchene, and paid the price. Although, seven infield errors didn't help whoever would have pitched. The freshman pitcher for LW West threw the ball very well.
Duchene wasnt 100%. Had been sick all week. Dont know if it would have mattered. I have yet to see a team win a game when they dont score any runs.

my loss junior year was pretty bad. Kia Freeman threw a 1 hitter and we lost to Quinn Schaffer's Morris team. Just like this game, we made two infield errs - back-to-back and we lost 1-0.

Bottom line is this shows why single elim makes no sense. JC is not the first team, nor the last team to get screwed by it.

Duchene was 100% and was very upset that he wasn't pitching. The infield defense was a major weakness all year. Since Duchene averaged 10 Ks per start, he minimized the errors. I think JCA including the coaching staff, was over confident against LW West. There was far too much talk about Funkhauser and Lilek during the week. Win each game and move on to the next one.

Originally posted by Joliet7:
Duchene was 100% and was very upset that he wasn't pitching. The infield defense was a major weakness all year. Since Duchene averaged 10 Ks per start, he minimized the errors. I think JCA including the coaching staff, was over confident against LW West. There was far too much talk about Funkhauser and Lilek during the week. Win each game and move on to the next one.
Duchene was sick all week. They scored ZERO runs! In the 15-20 games I wathced, the infield defense was not a weakness. They got beat because a kid pitched a great game against them and they couldnt put together any runs. Bottom line, if you commit 7 errors and cant score any runs, you lose. Simple as that!
This post was edited on 6/3 10:58 PM by USD24

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT