ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita 42, Marmion 0: Final

Wittymoniker1

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
La Grange Park, IL
Several hard hits out there by the Mustangs. She certainly came ready to play.

I believe DJ has three TD runs (two long runs).

Jet QB has approximately a fifty yarder and forty yarder for TDs to the talented (and, I believe, Underclassmen) Rita WRs.

Saw new numbers getting some action out there--thinking several Sophomores.

Last edited:
Marmion was completely outclassed and it showed. I think they went from 15% team out on injury before the game to 25%. Tough matchup tonight.
I get what you meant but Coach Thorpe’s Marmion program always exudes class, toughness and whistle to whistle football. Just ran into a St. Rita team that needed to tighten up a lot of areas before moving on so they were going to go all out. Good Luck to your Cadets vs St. Patrick, St. Viator and St. Laurence

. . . and I gotta say that Jett QB was very poised with his passes tonight. And it's true, he had more time to throw against a weaker opponent. It was very encouraging, though.

If he can get a little more time against better competition and can keep his composure, there's potential there, especially with those young, talented WRs. O-line can do it. Let's see against the Rambler.

Last edited:
I do think the St. Rita announcer said that St. Rita was 3-0-1 vs Marmion historically. The tie came in the 1933 matchup with a 0-0 final. Now I know a lot of St. Rita football history. I did not know that one.

I get what you meant but Coach Thorpe’s Marmion program always exudes class, toughness and whistle to whistle football. Just ran into a St. Rita team that needed to tighten up a lot of areas before moving on so they were going to go all out. Good Luck to your Cadets vs St. Patrick, St. Viator and St. Laurence
The Marmion coaches and team do a great job, but the top out the CCL is just a different class”ification” of football. Had two boys go through MA football and they loved it win or lose.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT