ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita 1 Fenwick 0

tomloner

Gold Member
Sep 21, 2004
Chicago
Eddie De La Riva threw a 2 hitter for SR. Well played game by both teams which both played small ball hoping to get first on the board. SR scored in the bottom of the 5th.
This post was edited on 5/28 1:21 PM by tomloner

Very well pitched game on both sides. Fenwick had 1st and 3rd with one out in the 4th or 5th and got nothing. Not even any signals from the 3rd base coach--I guess just fill out the lineup and let the kids play. Rita is very solid in the field--should be a good sectionsl.

Tom,

Were you at the game? Just wondering what happened to Rita's offense last couple of games? I thought they were a better hitting team than they have shown as of late.

OPRF vs St. Rita at Mt. Carmel.

Yes I was at the game but it was only the 3rd one I have been at this season. (Oak Lawn and LW West). One of the guys on the football staff said they are in a little slump for them. But I think most other teams would be happy with their record. SR ran into some outs trying to force the issue early in the game trying to get the lead. It may be the case of not playing loose and playing not to lose.

Very good news coming out of the other sports. Volleyball team beat MC last week and Morton which was the team that kept them from going down state two years ago. I was at luncheon a couple of weeks ago and the school had 222 new paid kids for the fall. That number is up to about 247 with some transfers from other schools. But we have to remember that not all of the kids already here may not come back in the fall. Three quality QB’s fighting for the job thou.

Found out today Mitch Saffold signed to go to West Point. That makes 13 kids from this football team that signed letters for college this fall. The list is in today’s Sun-Times on page 39 in the lower right hand corner.
This post was edited on 5/28 3:33 PM by tomloner
This post was edited on 5/29 9:28 AM by tomloner

MC threw a no no vs SICP. Mr Kravetz would be in line to throw again vs Rita in potential Sectional matchup. Threw a 1 hitter at New Trier in previous start so thats 1 hit allowed in last 14 IP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT