ADVERTISEMENT

LWE 24 Warren Township 0 Final

The best defense I've seen on line in the playoffs. Very aggressive but disciplined. A lot of hustle even from the backside away from the play.
I focused on O’Rourke because I’ve heard a lot about him. I was impressed by his discipline, he didn’t get too far up field after beating his man, kept contain, and went to the ball hard when he saw it break the line.

I wanted to see this game because I haven’t seen either team all year. Biggest thing I noticed was 91 Caden O’Rourke, that kid is really good. Looked him up on some other site and he’s listed as 6’5 220. He looks bigger and he’s listed as a junior-oh my.
Yes, he has great bloodlines.
Brother played at Northwestern, Although he fought some pretty significant injuries.

Reactions: eireog
Warren played a heck of a game in the first half. Field position was the Devils for the entire half and just could not punch in a score. Penalties…well at least we had officials. Warrens big plays were a showing to the athletes who are probably a year away from peaking. Credit the Griffins defense for a huge effort to keep the scoreless run intact. First time at Warren and a nice facility and am very glad we followed Newts instructions to score prime seating in very limited visitors side. Only 5 rows of bleachers reminds me of Montini’s stands
. Bottom line…the depth of Lincoln-Way East I feel wore down the Warren lines. Conservative play calling on offense for the Griffins took longer to get in sync and realistically this was maybe a 14-0 or 13-0 game. Thanks to the communities of Warren for a great HS setting on a Saturday night. Good luck next year!

Newt I think the game plan for LWE is to get better starting field position and stop intercepting the ball inside your own 10? Good game and Warren has speed to burn outside.
WIU, how was the trip up to Gurnee, the parking and the seating?

Mike …not bad at all. 1:20 total time up and the Exit @120 was the best deal to shorten the drive on OPlaine. Was able to get in the main lot at about 6:05 and a short walk in to be greeted by friendly folks in concessions and the gate. Used the devil and wife used the devilette humorously labeled rest rooms and were able to score a top row section with a fence backrest. Being only 5 rows of bleachers it was a great score to get the upper deck. Warren has huge home bleachers with a great crowd. Glad we went to see a new facility ( for us )just minutes from the Wisconsin border. Thanks again Mike and Newt !

Mike …not bad at all. 1:20 total time up and the Exit @120 was the best deal to shorten the drive on OPlaine. Was able to get in the main lot at about 6:05 and a short walk in to be greeted by friendly folks in concessions and the gate. Used the devil and wife used the devilette humorously labeled rest rooms and were able to score a top row section with a fence backrest. Being only 5 rows of bleachers it was a great score to get the upper deck. Warren has huge home bleachers with a great crowd. Glad we went to see a new facility ( for us )just minutes from the Wisconsin border. Thanks again Mike and Newt !
WIU78
I was going to make the trip to Warren but the drive from Indiana was a bit far for a Saturday night. I plan on going to this weeks game at East. Maybe we can meet up for lunch before the game?
Let me know if you’re available.

Actually it is ONLY 5 of the last seven game. 6 of the last 8 if you count Victor Andrew who scored on a pick six that went like 102 yards. That was not on the defense…..but did count as a completed pass…

Edgytim….any plans to be in Frankfort Saturday let’s say 1:00 PM? 😀 I could make good on all the free service you have provided for the 21 years of LWE football ….and it’s always a good omen with you on the sidelines.

Reactions: lweastdad
And don’t use that lower level tilt of Providence and Joliet Catholic Academy as an excuse!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT