ADVERTISEMENT

Just another recruiting story ??

eireog

Oct 6, 2007
Seems as though this is a large area to draw from.

This post was edited on 12/16 9:52 AM by eireog

JRW

One of my friends who lived on my block in Chicago played for the EP team that missed the LLWS by a game in 1994.

I began to quote some of the parents in this story, but it is absolutely loaded with great comments.

Well worth a full reading.
This post was edited on 12/16 10:46 AM by ignazio

Sun-Times had short recap that has been removed. Evidence seems pretty clear to me, not sure what I am missing.

Here's the loophole that I saw "* Players can obtain a waiver if parents provide documented proof they previously lived in the league boundaries."

LOL, tell me one team that has played in the Little League world series is a home grown, in-house little league all-star team? Lemont's L.L. that went to Williamsport 10 years or so ago were the Homer Heat. However I believe they all resided within the Lemont L.L. district so their was never a question of residency. JRW sounds like they have some questions to answer.

Good article.

Whats the big deal? They had great coaching and they worked hard. I don't see why even if true this would be an issue.

Originally posted by Cross Bones:
Whats the big deal? They had great coaching and they worked hard. I don't see why even if true this would be an issue.
Because Bones, some people follow rules in life and apparently with you some rules don't matter. Rules are rules. Get over it.

On the flip side, no one has conclusive proof that any of these players actually lived outside the boundaries of their leaguue although the sign from Lynwood is awfully suspicious.

Based on some of the scores I would be inclined to check some ages instead of where they lived first.

Back in 2001 there was a kid, Danny Almonte, from the Bronx who was a dominating pitcher who stood 5'08" and had a fastball equivalent to a major league 103 mph fastball. His team finished third in the tournament and a few eeeks later it was revealed that the reason he was so dominating was because he was 14 years old instead of the maximum 12 as required by Little League to participate.
This post was edited on 12/16 8:48 PM by Dr. Mirakle

This is not Nam. There are rules here.

137063.jpg

Originally posted by Dr. Mirakle:
Originally posted by Cross Bones:
Because Bones, some people follow rules in life and apparently with you some rules don't matter. Rules are rules. Get over it.

On the flip side, no one has conclusive proof that any of these players actually lived outside the boundaries of their leaguue although the sign from Lynwood is awfully suspicious.

Based on some of the scores I would be inclined to check some ages instead of where they lived first.

Back in 2001 there was a kid, Danny Almonte, from the Bronx who was a dominating pitcher who stood 5'08" and had a fastball equivalent to a major league 103 mph fastball. His team finished third in the tournament and a few eeeks later it was revealed that the reason he was so dominating was because he was 14 years old instead of the maximum 12 as required by Little League to participate.
This post was edited on 12/16 8:48 PM by Dr. Mirakle
LOL clearly sarcasm is lost on you. Rule or no rule this highlights one of the ongoing topics on the board, in which a group of posters typically answer how I did.

Anyways. I remember the Almonte kid. He married a woman in her 30's not too long after that...

well guess what the complaint was dismissed. they followed the rules and they won some people just hate to see others
succeed

Bones:

Ok, if it's sarcasm it's my mistake. Just hard to see sarcasm from some here on the board.

But, I will say, if no one comes forward with conclusive proof that some of these kids did live outside the district in which the team plays, someone owes someone an apology. There is always someone who will take a shot at a successful program, warranted or not, in this world. If this team is clean then the coach should go to the accuser and ask him to provide the proof. Maybe it says that in the article. Frankly, the article is about a mile long.

I used to be on our local LL Board. A lot of these rules were written when baseball was king and travel teams were a figment of someone's imagination. Whenever I watch the LLWS and see how stacked some of the teams are, my suspicions are always raised. While I don't excuse JRWLL for being a little loose with the rules, if LL can not enforce their own rules and they are going to be motivated by ESPN ratings, its time to overhaul the rules.

It seems that proof was presented, but ignored by LL. Either the kids did not live in Chicago or were illegally attending suburban public schools.

to quote my favorite comedian, Bill Burr, "So that makes them no longer great?"

If only I could have a dollar for every "city" kid attending elementary school along the south suburban metra line...oh I could be a rich man. This could get messy now that big bucks LL is taking a second look.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT