ADVERTISEMENT

JJ McCarthy, QB, Minnesota Vikings

McCarthy has all the tools for the NFL. He just never had a chance to sharpen those tools at Michigan because that run game and defense was just so darn great. He still will be great in the NFL if he wants to be.

We already know he can lead even without a HC as Harbaugh was not allowed to attend about six games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
McCarthy has all the tools for the NFL. He just never had a chance to sharpen those tools at Michigan because that run game and defense was just so darn great. He still will be great in the NFL if he wants to be.

We already know he can lead even without a HC as Harbaugh was not allowed to attend about six games.
Wassup,
What the if he wants to be? Lol
If he didn’t want to be then why play in the NFL. He will play if he is good enough he will succeed.

Reactions: Wassup13
Funny stuff. We’re good Wassup, I believe we all want the same thing. The Bears to play good and win games, get to the playoffs and eventually have a chance to get back to the ultimate goal SB.

Funny stuff. We’re good Wassup, I believe we all want the same thing. The Bears to play good and win games, get to the playoffs and eventually have a chance to get back to the ultimate goal SB.

This offense is loaded but I am putting together a few wish list draft picks for our D next year. I want them to look like the 85 Bears on D.

Reactions: corey90
My biggest issue is taking him at #8. Falcons could have traded back and acquired more picks. I like the idea of having the rookie QB sit behind a veteran for a year or so to learn the NFL game and catch up to the speed of the game.
I would say it depends on the player and the real need at the position. Some guys can't step right in and some have. I have heard both John Elway and Fran Tarkenton say they believe high draft pick QBs should play instead of sitting on the bench. In their words they both said, "how do you expect a QB to learn and progress if he's on the sideline watching someone else play?"

Reactions: Gene K.
I would say it depends on the player and the real need at the position. Some guys can't step right in and some have. I have heard both John Elway and Fran Tarkenton say they believe high draft pick QBs should play instead of sitting on the bench. In their words they both said, "how do you expect a QB to learn and progress if he's on the sideline watching someone else play?"
Ask aaron rodgers and jordan love

😂
But not over Caleb, only if they traded #1. Poles picked exactly what I wanted. Caleb & Adumze.
Hi Corey,

I'm sure it's the teacher in me but I hate to see someone make an error regarding a name. The player you call Adumze is Odunze. I don't disagree with your posts but thought someone should point this out.

LP

Reactions: corey90 and 4Afan
Ask aaron rodgers and jordan love
And I say ask C.J. Stroud. That's why I say it depends on the player. Rodgers had to wait for Favre and Love had to wait for Rodgers. It wasn't like the players Rodgers and Love waited for were rinky dinks. Favre is a Hall of Famer and Rodgers will be. And the opinions I pointed out came from guys who are both Hall of Famers. So, you can't say a rookie QB should have to wait on the sideline before he gets his chance to play and expect it to apply to every QB who comes down the pike. To have it apply to all rookie QBs is a narrowminded approach.

Hi Corey,

I'm sure it's the teacher in me but I hate to see someone make an error regarding a name. The player you call Adumze is Odunze. I don't disagree with your posts but thought someone should point this out.

LP

Yeah Corey. Would you be a bit more careful with this?

I know Corey made an innocent mistake with this because we are both big Odunze supporters.

By the way does anyone know what Bear had the most pass recieving yards in their career? Also name the decade.

Reactions: Silver Rain
And I say ask C.J. Stroud. That's why I say it depends on the player. Rodgers had to wait for Favre and Love had to wait for Rodgers. It wasn't like the players Rodgers and Love waited for were rinky dinks. Favre is a Hall of Famer and Rodgers will be. And the opinions I pointed out came from guys who are both Hall of Famers. So, you can't say a rookie QB should have to wait on the sideline before he gets his chance to play and expect it to apply to every QB who comes down the pike. To have it apply to all rookie QBs is a narrowminded approach.
Mahomes also sat behind Alex Smith, not a HOFer.

Yes it depends on the player, but I think the vast majority of young QBs would greatly benefit from sitting and learning vs. being thrown in the mix right away.

Last edited:
Yeah Corey. Would you be a bit more careful with this?

I know Corey made an innocent mistake with this because we are both big Odunze supporters.

By the way does anyone know what Bear had the most pass recieving yards in their career? Also name the decade.
Johnny Morris in the 1960s

Hi Corey,

LP
He hasn't got the name right for months

Reactions: corey90
I am in the camp in that I agree it's ownership. I go back to the 1970 draft when the Bears and Steelers had a coin flip to see who picked first. The Steelers won that flip. We all know what happened after that.

To this day so many people say that coin flip changed the Bears fate. Terry Bradshaw went on to win four Super Bowls with Pittsburgh. And the Bears were forced to wander in the wilderness till Mike Ditka came to Chicago along with a lot of help.

To that, I say bullsh*t. The stuff about Ditka, Et al. is correct. But the fact is, if Bradshaw had come to Chicago he wouldn't have even gone to a single Super Bowl and wouldn't be in the Hall of Fame.

Yes, a great QB helps. Yes a great coach helps. But you need others to succeed as well and the Bears of the 1970s sucked. I have seen coaches win with talent but I have seen a lot of coaches lose with talent too. But, I think all things begin and end within the organization. You also need an organization that is committed to success. And success is winning. It's hard to find teams that have been at least as good as the Steelers have been since Bradshaw was drafted.

And Pittsburgh has had only three head coaches since the signing of Bradshaw and all three have been successful. I believe that success starts with the organization.

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT