ADVERTISEMENT

Hononegah vs Batavia this match up looks interesting

Batavia wins by 2 TD's. At least.

I've seen Batavia play twice in person and once on video. Ryan Boe is now probably one of the best QB's in IL. He also has a capable receiving core, and their main RB is solid. Their D is also way underrated, and they gave up only 14 points to LWE, who averages 36 ppg. I realize RH averages 40+, but we're back to the age-old discussion about the strength of your conference or lack thereof to prepare you for the playoffs. However, RH is a great high school football venue/stadium with a big home-field advantage. I really enjoyed watching a game there a few years ago. That said, Batavia still wins handily here.

Last edited:
Batavia wins by 40, run that clock.
It probably won't be close, but running clock? Not sure about that one. I hope Batavia wins 7A and Geneva takes 6A. (Or at least to the championship game where they'd meet ESL...I doubt anyone can beat them in 6A)

The closed conference in the NIC really hurts them. I only remember Boylan having success in the playoffs, and once Appino left it hasn't been the same.

Reactions: boylanfan33
This is very similar to MC/Quincy. Hononeugah is a strong team and obviously having a good year but not on the same level as Batavia due to their schedule they played. This may be close, definitely not a running clock but on talent vs talent I like Batavia by two or three scores

Ryan Boe looked sharp at MC in 2021, throwing darts to his receivers in the infamous "Penalty Bowl." He didn't play nearly as well in the '22 title game, where the Caravan put on a show. One of the biggest differences in this, the third meeting in three years between these two very talented teams, is that the Dogs will be playing at home. +1 for Dogs. Another difference is that senior Ryan Boe has two more years of experience than junior Jack Elliott. +1 for Dogs. Offsetting his relative lack of experience is Jack Elliott's natural football talent. Few quarterbacks in Illinois are as dynamic as Elliott. For example, in the first game against Rita this year, Elliott connected with seven different receivers. This is a guy who can thow a ball in a straight line with the speed of an RPG or, when he needs a lighter touch, he can loft a perfect parabola that softly drops into the hands of a streaking receiver. He can also do 500-lb. squats in the weight room, which helps him flatten anyone who tries to get in his way. +2 for MC

Now Batavia lost some talent this year but it also brought a lot of gamers back. There's two more Janseys on the team, to replace the two who left. RB Nathan Whitwell replaced his brother Ryan Whitwell, also an RB. And Charles Whepley, a senior now, is one of Batavia's toughest and most reliable runningbacks. +1 for Dogs. Finally, according to MaxPreps, Batavia has 25 guys on its roster who weigh 200 pounds or more.

Not to be outdone in the size department, MC has 33 guys who weigh at least 200 pounds. +1 for MC. Besides being a great receiver, Darrion Dupree is a powerful runner who refuses to go down. Batavia has nothing like him. +1 for MC. Two transfers to MC must be noted for their contributions to the offense and the defense, Maurice Densmore and Alex Poholik. Densmore, who gets more yards after contact than almost anyone but Dupree, has been a great aquisition for the Caravan. Likewise, Alex Poholik is an immovable object on the O-line and an unstoppable force on the D-line. +2 for MC.

I haven't seen Batavia play this year, so I can't judge their defense. But they did play LWE close, losing by a point, and they deserve some credit for that. +1 Dogs. MC has a tenacious D. In my opinion, MC's defense is probably as good as Loyola's, which is probably as good as LWE's. +1 for MC.

Totals

Dogs 4
MC 6

Last edited:
Reactions: DMurph11
Ryan Boe looked sharp at MC in 2021, throwing darts to his receivers in the infamous "Penalty Bowl." He didn't play nearly as well in the '22 title game, where the Caravan put on a show. One of the biggest differences in this, the third meeting in three years between these two very talented teams, is that the Dogs will be playing at home. +1 for Dogs. Another difference is that senior Ryan Boe has two more years of experience than junior Jack Elliott. +1 for Dogs. Offsetting his relative lack of experience is Jack Elliott's natural football talent. Few quarterbacks in Illinois are as dynamic as Elliott. For example, in the first game against Rita this year, Elliott connected with seven different receivers. This is a guy who can thow a ball in a straight line with the speed of an RPG or, when he needs a lighter touch, he can loft a perfect parabola that softly drops into the hands of a streaking receiver. He can also do 500-lb. squats in the weight room, which helps him flatten anyone who tries to get in his way. +2 for MC

Now Batavia lost some talent this year but it also brought a lot of gamers back. There's two more Janseys on the team, to replace the two who left. RB Nathan Whitwell replaced his brother Ryan Whitwell, also an RB. And Charles Whepley, a senior now, is one of Batavia's toughest and most reliable runningbacks. +1 for Dogs. Finally, according to MaxPreps, Batavia has 25 guys on its roster who weigh 200 pounds or more.

Not to be outdone in the size department, MC has 33 guys who weigh at least 200 pounds. +1 for MC. Besides being a great receiver, Darrion Dupree is a powerful runner who refuses to go down. Batavia has nothing like him. +1 for MC. Two transfers to MC must be noted for their contributions to the offense and the defense, Maurice Densmore and Alex Poholik. Densmore, who gets more yards after contact than almost anyone but Dupree, has been a great aquisition for the Caravan. Likewise, Alex Poholik is an immovable object on the O-line and an unstoppable force on the D-line. +2 for MC.

I haven't seen Batavia play this year, so I can't judge their defense. But they did play LWE close, losing by a point, and they deserve some credit for that. +1 Dogs. MC has a tenacious D. In my opinion, MC's defense is probably as good as Loyola's, which is probably as good as LWE's. +1 for MC.

Totals

Dogs 4
MC 6
I thought this was a thread on Batavia-Hononegah?

Reactions: BataviaDogs1
Getting this back on the rails since (shocker) someone made this thread about MC, I like Hononegah to keep this within a score and maybe sneak out with an upset. When they have good teams they typically get dismissed by the Chicago set. Don't sleep on them!

Totals

Dogs 4
MC 6
Way too premature. Show Quincy respect -- lots of it!

Batavia did to Honohegha what MC did to Quincy. They vaporized them.

Next week, it's either close or MC runs away with it. Batavia won't demolish MC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT