ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic League should have 3 game wknd sets

DeanOfSelection

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
I dont understand why they play each other twice. For the most part u will split when 2 good teams go head to head. Do it like 2 D1 does it. Play a 3 game wknd set. They could play 1 on a Fri then a DH Saturday. This would also reward team with deeper staff and u would never have a first place tie since u could go to head to head results (best out of 3).

For example in Blue you would have: MC,SR,PC,BR,LA. 4 other teams x 3 head to head for 12 game conference slate. IHSA gives u 35 games thats over 20 games to play non conf. Even if u added someone to Blue thast only 15 conf games.

Wouldn't that eliminate crossover? If you add the crossover to the 3 game sets how many non conference games would that leave? Not quite sure myself , just asking.

Say u are MC.....u could play a DLS,Ignatius in crossovers(not counting to overall standings) if u wanted. I really see no reason to play Joes,Leo,Hales.

Since its not football my 1 div would be MC,SR,BR,PC,SL then next Ignatius,LA,DLS,BMac,Fenwick....then Hales,Joes,Leo,GT could have their thing(along with DeSales-i think? i dont even knwow whats going on with DeSales lol)

So for MC 12 conference games (4 three game sets) then u could play 5 single game crossovers/mid week games on a tues/wed with other div(DLS,Fenwick,etc) so that would total 17 games. Leaving 18 for non-conf. Consider that MC and DLS didnt even play in hoops this year.
This post was edited on 3/23 1:44 PM by DeanOfSelection

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT