ADVERTISEMENT

Cahokia Forfeits

dcaudle68

Oct 13, 2011
How did the Cahokia-Granite City game become a forfeit loss for Cahokia? They pounded Granite City on the field, the game was played. I understand the forfeit the next week but how is a game played turned into a forfeit? This coud cost Cahokia a playoff spot.

I remember reading/hearing it was a double forfeit. Apparently some ruckus happened before the game was officially over. Then each team had to forfeit their next game.

The situation still confuses me. Both Cahokia and Granite City forfeited the following week, but the way it read was that the teams forfeited because they wouldn’t have enough players due to too many suspensions.
I could be wrong, but I believe the IHSA originally did have the game recorded as a Cahokia win before turning it to a double forfeit. My best guess would be that maybe the game was called early due to the fight and perhaps the rule book says that makes it a double forfeit?

The situation still confuses me. Both Cahokia and Granite City forfeited the following week, but the way it read was that the teams forfeited because they wouldn’t have enough players due to too many suspensions.
I could be wrong, but I believe the IHSA originally did have the game recorded as a Cahokia win before turning it to a double forfeit. My best guess would be that maybe the game was called early due to the fight and perhaps the rule book says that makes it a double forfeit?
I read they kicked everyone out who left the benches which was everybody so there was no players left to finish the game. Not sure the score at that point but Cahokia was way ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT