ADVERTISEMENT

15th annual All State team is announced

confused0006.r191677.gif

Ricky smalling played maybe 2 quarters all year at db and is all state? Also if any sophomore deserved to be all state should be ty pennigton from Cary grave. Also no Harley Hamptons ?

Does the head coach of the player have to approve/ nominate this selection?

Very strange indeed that the MC record book list the school's first all-state honoree as Mel Brosseau back in 1927. I imagine that sports writers did the voting back then, rather than the bureaucrats.

What is the IHSA trying to pull here? Maybe they're attempting to mimic the NFL, which seems to want us to believe that there were no pro football world champions before the Super Bowl.

Any thoughts?

What is the official all state team? The Daily Herald had an all state team for each class. This ne combines all classes. Which one is official? Or is there another?

Originally posted by mchsalumni:
Why the chin scratching Godfather? Not enough RoadRunners?
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Not at all, just seems some choices are odd. A receiver with 26 catches and 2 tds? Probably 3mchs guys have better stats. Nolan dean as ATH? Kid only played 3games on defense. When I first looked all the guys I thought hmmmm I said oh they're core 6. Hence the chin scratching.

Those were my exact same thoughts. Like I said the only game smalling played db was in the second half against naperville central.

This post was edited on 12/7 3:55 PM by chitown-irish

Smaling is definitely a head scratcher, especially with the numbers Mark Dowdle put up this season for Loyola, including keeping Miles Boykin of Providence to 3 catches for only 46 yards. While happy for Cal Falkenhayn, really thought Mark Nichol had better stats and season.

Where did you guys get those receiver stats?

NVM on the rest...
This post was edited on 12/8 10:00 AM by emillika

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT