ADVERTISEMENT

You might have a problem with numbers 3 and 4

Montini held MC to 27 and lost 27-20. This was not a top caliber Montini team. Let me guess; off week? Too early in the season? Offense not quite hitting on all cylinders? If you need time to hit the filing cabinet, "Excuses" should be in the second drawer from the top in the E section.

Man you got some hate in your heart towards MC. When you start 14-15 Jrs don't expect dominate performances especially early in the season. If it makes you happy I bet MC beats Montini by 3+ scores next year.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
Man you got some hate in your heart towards MC. When you start 14-15 Jrs don't expect dominate performances especially early in the season.

No hate at all, just shaking my head at the deification of a solid team. Next year they would be my preseason #1, but this year they are not even close. To suggest they would hold LWE to 17 points when Montini scored 20 is ludicrous.

Reactions: Solid Snake Pliskin
Montini held MC to 27 and lost 27-20. This was not a top caliber Montini team. Let me guess; off week? Too early in the season? Offense not quite hitting on all cylinders? If you need time to hit the filing cabinet, "Excuses" should be in the second drawer from the top in the E section.
No excuses! We’ve all played the game, and we all know it’s extremely difficult to maintain high level of motivation each week. MC has played down to the level of their opponents at times, but during big games they’ve started very fast, and set the tone. Trust me, if I didn’t think we had a Championship Team, I would’ve never said this weeks ago. Obviously, I watched the 8A game, and I just don’t see East imposing their will on our defense... just my opinion, after watching their trench work.

"I just don't see how BR beats Minooka."

Was your input on that match up pre game I believe. Just saying.:rolleyes:
Yes, that is why I prefer to use the actual results in rankings. I speculate on games that will actually happen because we'll get the results whether I'm wrong or right.

@63 do you know if the Naz kid that scored on the interception was the first Freshman to ever do such in an ISHA Championship Game... He certainly has a bright future.

@63 do you know if the Naz kid that scored on the interception was the first Freshman to ever do such in an ISHA Championship Game... He certainly has a bright future.
I'm sure there has been other freshman. Maybe not in 7a or above though.

Reactions: sivada2001
Week 4 and I'm not sure who was QB for Marist back then but Marist beating Loyola twice on the road in 4 weeks was really impressive. BR really didn't have a great win. Marist and then Minooka. Losses to StL and Provi weren't that good.
No way Rice 8-5 should sit at 6. Noted on the losses to StL and Provi. Marist should be ahead of them. Loyola who hammered Rice should also be ahead of them.

Reactions: Bowie50 and Gene K.
No way Rice 8-5 should sit at 6. Noted on the losses to StL and Provi. Marist should be ahead of them. Loyola who hammered Rice should also be ahead of them.

Why is Marist ahead of BR besides a bunch of Hypotheticals?

Should Marist be ahead of Naz too then?

Sometimes people forget that Edgy and O'Brien are actually watching all these teams in week 13 and 14.

Example did you watch BR play Minooka and Warren?

Week 12 against Minooka was the first time all season BR had all its players healthy. I saw edgy on the sidelines watching. Perhaps he made his judgment on the healthy BR team with Lausch playing QB.

Last edited:

Yes, he does have a bright future. I'm sure he's looking forward to making us part of it.

Good for him!

Reactions: sivada2001
Everybody? Hardly. LWE kept its #1 because they had it all year. In order for O'Brien to lower their standing, it would require a loss or a very weak victory. That's how these work.

With all due respect to him, Mt. Carmel proved itself to be the finest prep program in the entire state yesterday.

Many of you will differ with me. Some will have a pretty good argument in favor of their team. Good for them. Support your guys!

Others, though, simply like to throw rocks at 6410 Dante. Work on your aim, boys. You're not getting anywhere.
You take a lot of heat from MCHS and I sometimes I agree with him because you (I assume) inadvertently put down small school programs who win state titles as not playing with the big boys for state titles. But, on this thread I totally agree with you that MC is the best in the State. I only seen MC play one game this year and that was the demolishing of Naz in the championship. Same weather conditions were Warren scored 0 points and LWE scored 12. MC's offense clicking on all cylinders scored 37 points against a fairly decent defense, certainly not the caliber of Warren or LWE but still pretty good. Some folks might disagree but what the hell that's what we are here for.
MC 21- LWE 14.
MC 21 -Warren 7

Sometimes people forget that Edgy and O'Brien are actually watching all these teams in week 13 and 14.

I would say because people believe that at the end of the season Marist was a a better team than Rice. Pretty simple. If you want to use straight head to head, than both Providence and STL should be ahead of Rice.

I would say because people believe that at the end of the season Marist was a a better team than Rice. Pretty simple. If you want to use straight head to head, than both Providence and STL should be ahead of Rice.

I'd take Edgy and O'Brien viewpoints + the straight ahead since both of them are in attendance of both most recent playoff games.

O'Brien couldn't wait for football to be over so he could concentrate on basketball.

MC scored 37 on a D that was not the caliber of LWE or Warren. Not conv
I'd take Edgy and O'Brien viewpoints + the straight ahead since both of them are in attendance of both most recent playoff games.
O'Brien was talking about basketball when the playoffs started.

Thats fine, but I don't think the logic behind putting Marist in front of Rice is crazy.

Gotta put my boys ahead of Provi. Berat the brakes off of them.

Nice that us adults can fight now for weeks about who’s the best team. 8 champions and we have know the top 5 teams. It’s like determining the tallest midget. Congrats to the kids who played their hearts out.

Loyola (8-4) 35, BR (8-5) 14

Week 12 against Minooka was the first time all season BR had all its players healthy. I saw edgy on the sidelines watching. Perhaps he made his judgment on the healthy BR team with Lausch playing QB.
In many opinion on this board, the Minooka win was not "tremendous". They had an easy road until the semis and then lost by 4 scores to Warren. Marist beats one of the top teams in the state year in/out on the road twice several weeks apart and really left no doubt it wasn't a fluke in second game. These are facts not hypotheticals. Just like it is a fact that Rice lost to Provi and StL decidedly.

Nice that us adults can fight now for weeks about who’s the best team. 8 champions and we have know the top 5 teams. It’s like determining the tallest midget. Congrats to the kids who played their hearts out.

If not for adults arguing about these things, this board would not exist.

Loyola (8-4) 35, BR (8-5) 14
Funny, I don’t recall bringing anything up about Loyola. Was just responding to someone saying Marist should be ranked higher than BR. They had same record & BR beat them on the field, hence the response of Scoreboard.

Week 4 and I'm not sure who was QB for Marist back then but Marist beating Loyola twice on the road in 4 weeks was really impressive. BR really didn't have a great win. Marist and then Minooka. Losses to StL and Provi weren't that good.
Rice beat a good Hillcrest team who's RB was completely heathy

Pretty fair rankings in my book. I do think Rita is too high. I would probably swap H-F and Rita. H-F lost to LWE twice.

Funny, I don’t recall bringing anything up about Loyola. Was just responding to someone saying Marist should be ranked higher than BR. They had same record & BR beat them on the field, hence the response of Scoreboard.

Loyola has a better winning percentage than Rice and beat them soundly on the field. Yet, Rice is ranked higher.

So, if you want to give a response of Scoreboard, then you need to look at it as well and perhaps attempt to explain Rice's higher ranking vis-a-vis Loyola.

ADVERTISEMENT