ADVERTISEMENT

You might have a problem with numbers 3 and 4

So slide everyone down a slot with ESL in the mix and MC is 3 where about everyone thinks they should be.

These rankings show me it was a bad year in the state for football outside of 3-4 teams.

So slide everyone down a slot with ESL in the mix and MC is 3 where about everyone thinks they should be.

These rankings show me it was a bad year in the state for football outside of 3-4 teams.
I’d put ESL behind MC based solely on being a homer as well as the head to head the previous 2 playoffs but I know every year is different. What I don’t think is different is your last statement. It seems like lately it’s just 3-4 teams in Illinois that are considered good when compared to the Midwest. And I don’t know when the last time an Illinois team was considered a contender on the National level (scheduling a game against a top 15-20 team in the nation and winning).

I would have liked to see what Warren would have done with MC and Naz with that defense

Reactions: mchsalumni
Theoretically, if MC soundly beats #3, and LWE has their hands full with #4, shouldn’t MC and LWE be switched?
That is my MC bias, but In reality, 3 and 4 should be switched, not 1 and 2.

Reactions: Gene K.
Theoretically, if MC soundly beats #3, and LWE has their hands full with #4, shouldn’t MC and LWE be switched?
That is my MC bias, but In reality, 3 and 4 should be switched, not 1 and 2.

that just means #4 should be higher

Everybody? Hardly. LWE kept its #1 because they had it all year. In order for O'Brien to lower their standing, it would require a loss or a very weak victory. That's how these work.

With all due respect to him, Mt. Carmel proved itself to be the finest prep program in the entire state yesterday.

Many of you will differ with me. Some will have a pretty good argument in favor of their team. Good for them. Support your guys!

Others, though, simply like to throw rocks at 6410 Dante. Work on your aim, boys. You're not getting anywhere.

Others, though, simply like to throw rocks at 6410 Dante. Work on your aim, boys. You're not getting anywhere.

Ok then. I have them at 2 in the Chicagoland area, 3 in the state. You cannot overtake an 8A school who ran the gauntlet and had a smothering defense. All gas, no brakes played a tougher schedule. Top 3 in the state is some lofty ground. I’d love for people to throw those rocks at Montini.

Everybody? Hardly. LWE kept its #1 because they had it all year. In order for O'Brien to lower their standing, it would require a loss or a very weak victory. That's how these work.

With all due respect to him, Mt. Carmel proved itself to be the finest prep program in the entire state yesterday.

Many of you will differ with me. Some will have a pretty good argument in favor of their team. Good for them. Support your guys!

Did you not look at who LWE beat this year?

Please look over O'Brien's list of 25 and tell me how many of them were victims of LWE. I honestly don't know. I can tell you that Mt Carmel beat six of them ... and five were in the top eleven.
Twelve of the Sun-Times top 25 were in East's playoff bracket. MC had five. Of those five, two were Rolling Meadows and Deerfield. LWE had six games against teams in the rankings. LWE had exactly zero games within single digits. MC had 5 including Marist, who LWE handled. I would say the Naz win was a statement, but the vast majority of the points are in East's favor. Another point in MC's favor is the 3-0 record against LWE.

Reactions: Iamjaytee
Isn't this article simply a Top 25 Chicago Area, like it says in the title?
Kind of a useless list but never intended to be Top 25 in the state.

If I ask who would win between these two teams I consider past results as part of the equation. Yes, new year new teams, but same programs. LWE was favored in two of the three meetings with MC right?

When was the last time they played? For the record I think the Bears could beat the Patriots though, since they beat them in the 86 Super Bowl. Makes sense, right?

When was the last time they played? For the record I think the Bears could beat the Patriots though, since they beat them in the 86 Super Bowl. Makes sense, right?
If the Pats and Bears had similar players and coaches as back in 85 it would be more reasonable a prediction.

But as I previously said most of the points for #1 go in LWE's favor. At the end of the day playing the game gives us the actual answers. As for #1 I'll take who has the best resume.

Scoreboard.

Agree.

That's like saying Marist is a head of Naz because MC made Naz look like garbage on Saturday.

Let the games played on the field dictate rank not "Well I think based on the current eye test this would happen."

MC
Naz
BR
Marist

All had excellent seasons, all programs already moved onto preparing for 2020.

Week 4 and I'm not sure who was QB for Marist back then but Marist beating Loyola twice on the road in 4 weeks was really impressive. BR really didn't have a great win. Marist and then Minooka. Losses to StL and Provi weren't that good.
Some people don't appreciate quality wins and showings on this board I am learning.

Week 4 and I'm not sure who was QB for Marist back then but Marist beating Loyola twice on the road in 4 weeks was really impressive. BR really didn't have a great win. Marist and then Minooka. Losses to StL and Provi weren't that good.

Both teams were drastically different week 13. To simply give Marist the edge over BR would be wrong since they actually played. BR beat them without warren and Lausch playin QB. That being said BR beat them 3 times in a 12 month span, a 4th would of been very tough.

Most will say, different year, but the key intangibles are the same. Defensively if it’s the same coordinator who wrecked havoc in each past meeting, I like our chances especially when he has the talent to execute the game plan. Furthermore, Nobody stops our offense... MC 21- LWE17

Every year I see this stupid argument of...team A is better or would beat team B because team A beat team C and team B didn't. Or team A played a tougher schedule than team B.

This is all nonsense and some of you are acting like high school kids.

The only way to know for sure if team A is better than team B is to have them play each other. Then at the conclusion you know, although some here still wouldn't admit it.

If MC had played at the 8A level instead of 7A, it is very likely they would have run into LWE somewhere in the playoffs. But even if that did happen, you would still have guys here substituting another 7A or even 6A team in place of MC. Sorry, incredibly stupid argument and a waste of time. And that's all the time I am spending on it.

Defensively if it’s the same coordinator who wrecked havoc in each past meeting, I like our chances especially when he has the talent to execute the game plan. Furthermore, Nobody stops our offense... MC 21- LWE17

Montini held MC to 27 and lost 27-20. This was not a top caliber Montini team. Let me guess; off week? Too early in the season? Offense not quite hitting on all cylinders? If you need time to hit the filing cabinet, "Excuses" should be in the second drawer from the top in the E section.

ADVERTISEMENT