ADVERTISEMENT

WSS Wk9

kitty_bintingot

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2017
It's been a privilege and my pleasure to run this thread this year. Thank you to everyone who has participated. The community we share here is really something of value, something rich truly.

LT @ HC: One would hope that there isn't bitterness between programs related to what transpired in the off season. The polis sends us here and there and often against our will. But alas this was a rivalry long before all that and the twists of fate can do no other than heighten the honor at stake in this particular installment of the rivalry. More: LT is a win away from a playoff berth. I think Hartman controls the clock thru sharp and consistent play-calling. But HC's got too much talent and honor at stake, they get some key pieces back, they throw the ball too well, and they're at home: LT 14 HC 28

DGN @ DGS: This is a showdown. Both teams seem to be evenly matched on paper. And both teams need a win to get in (I think). Shot in the dark because I haven't seen DGS, but I'm going with Cassens: DGN 21 DGS 20

GW @ OPRF: I need more time to think about this one. Part me thinks it might be close. But I don't know. In any case I don't see OPRF winning. I'll say GW 31 OP 14 for now.

York @ PW: Tough finish for the Dukes. They lost tough non-conference games to DGS and The Willow Tree. Had they played easier WSG opponents, they would be playing week 10. Not sure that's any condolence to Dukes fans, and not sure putting a hurt on PW will be either: York 40 PW 13

All questions and comments welcome. Thanks again everybody.

Thanks again, kitty, for a fun season.

Last week, I thought I had it all figured out, and then they played the games. Feeling humble and stupid this week. Here we go:
HC over LT by 28
DGN over DGS by 7
GW over OPRF by 28
York over PW by...who really cares. Kids on both teams are thinking about basketball, wrestling and what they want for Christmas.

Kitty...thank you!

Your picks are my picks. Leave it at that.

I guess the only thing I can say is there remains a lot of passion for this sport on your thread and others. The state of High School Football is terrible in Illinois. From recruiting, to the CPS, forfeits, politics and bad coaching. I don't know where it's all going. I posted something after watching Benet/Naper North in week one. I said that I couldn't believe the fall off in IHSA football from last year to this year. It seemed to be more than accurate as I watched this year unfold. For those of you who remain in good programs....stay there no matter what. For my recruiting friends out there...keep doing it as you provide opportunities for kids. That's something I thought I would never say.

Unfortunately, I have a Frosh Son who plays. Thank god he's not a QB. Big kid and will be a career Long-Snapper. I'll bite my nails on only 6 to 12 plays a game for the next three seasons. I can handle that. But, I cannot tolerate teachers Unions Protecting people that have no business coaching.

I encourage everyone to keep posting. This sport is going away unless people stand up and protect it rather than beat their chest(s).

I love the WSS...and I really love York. It's such a shame to see opportunity pissed away...and the kids at York arent the only ones.

Be well all...and good luck to the WSS studs that make the dance!

GBW should do very well! And maybe even HC. I will root for them because of Kitty!

Good year Kitty. I for one didn't see the dramatic IHSA football falloff from last year to this year mentioned above, but admittedly the programs that I follow closely had continued success.
HC over LT by 10. Hartman keeps it closer than it normally would, but HC stays ahead.
DGN over DGS by 14
GW over OPRF by 30. OPRF was the surprise to me this year.
York over PW by 25. Tough year for York, but will end with a W.

Good luck WSS in the playoffs. 8A will be a bear.

York
West
North
Central

Kitty, I’ll echo the others in thanking you for these threads! Looking forward to your analysis of the West Suburban in the playoffs.

LT @ HC: From what I understand, this is Week 2 for LT's sophomore QB, behind an OL that was exposed by GW. At the same time, as Kitty mentioned, HC gets some key defensive pieces back. I really don't think LT's Offense is going to be ready for the Defense. HC's Offense will continue to role, and with a couple of school scoring records within reach, I think this gets out of hand fast: LT 6 HC 42

DGN @ DGS: I'm with Kitty - I haven't seen DGS play at all. But I did see some of DGN playing LT last week, and they didn't look overly good. While some may be due to coaching, watching Cassens over throw receivers, stare down a receiver for an easy pick, and blow coverage on a long ball, I don't know if DGN is just marking time or not. I'm going with: DGN 18 DGS 28

GW @ OPRF: My heart wants OPRF to win - My brain says GW 42 OPRF 14

York @ PW: PW trying to wrap up the season without getting anyone hurt. York playing for pride, and to have a very remote, outside chance at the playoffs. I think they are heading west on St. Charles road by 9:30pm. York 48 PW 7.

Thanks for letting me join in these last few weeks. It's been fun (and somewhat addicting). I've already learned a lot, and am sure to learn more going into next season.

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
\But, I cannot tolerate teachers Unions Protecting people that have no business coaching.

Coaching jobs are not protected by tenure. While you can get bumped if you are an outside coach, most schools can not fill their staff with certified teachers. They make too much money to spend their time dealing with all the BS.

As someone who travels too much to be informed enough to post about the conference and competition here, I appreciate and enjoy everyone's comments and insights week after week, and of course, huge thanks to Kitty for leading the way. Good luck to those playoff bound.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT