ADVERTISEMENT

Would You Decline Going to a State Title Game

I cant stand the everybody makes the playoffs comcept. Why play a regular season?

I dislike the concept of giving everybody a trophy.

I think the bowl season makes it appear everyone is getting a trophy - you win a bowl = you win a trophy. Ala bowls that mean nothing - Boca Raton Bowl or PlayStation Bowl or Pinestripe Bowl.

I like the idea of inviting 32 teams to play in a playoff and you can name every game a bowl and play it where ever you want.

Wouldn’t the bowls want the games to mean something?

It feels more and more odd each year that goes by that D1 Football is the only league on the planet that doesn’t play a 16+ team playoff

I cant stand the everybody makes the playoffs comcept. Why play a regular season?

I dont think anyone is suggesting everyone make the playoffs. How does an eight team playoff equate to giving everyone a trophy?

Reactions: Bwm57

I agree I can't stand it either. That's why I'm for conference champions only do a postseason.

How much better can Coastal or Cinci play?
I don’t believe either team beat a Power 5 team ( aside from Kansas) this season. I get it that they didn’t get a chance to play any but there have been Group of 5 teams with stronger resumes in previous years.

For those that don't know I like the 8 team college football playoff. I just don't like having many teams in pro sports.

For pro sports I'm extreme, 4 total teams in the playoffs is enough.

Corey, I feel like we are sitting in a bar debating this...and come to think of it, I wish we were. I just dislike the idea of letting 8 teams participate in the college football playoff. Six is s stretch for me, but I'd probably agree in time.

The fact is, teams like Cincinnati, Boise State and Coastal Carolina simply don't play the same level of week-to-week games that teams from the B1G, Pac 12, SEC, Big 12 and ACC play. If they did, they would struggle to be .500 every year and we wouldn't be talking about any of them. it's a different level of play. God love ISU, but 12th? Really? Do you think they are better than Iowa and NU? I don't either. And Cincinnati is ahead of Florida and Georgia. Sorry, that doesn't compute.

If it's underdogs you're looking for, look no further than Notre Dame and OSU. Enjoy your Christmas my friend.

It’s hard to argue with all the points you mentioned, but I am in the Christmas spirit and love underdogs. The Cincinnati game is going fun to watch. I get it and your right they don’t play the same level of competition every week.
They could rise up and beat a big school but they would most likely lose 9-10 times. I would like to see it go to 8 teams so the lower level schools that are undefeated would get a chance but would need to prove themselves by winning more than one game to get to the national championship game. I would love to grab a beer with you some day I am sure we would get along and have plenty of good debates. Lol
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Yeay. Be safe my friend.
PS:No ISU is not #12 in my book either!

For those that don't know I like the 8 team college football playoff. I just don't like having many teams in pro sports.

For pro sports I'm extreme, 4 total teams in the playoffs is enough.

4 always feels like someone is unfairly left out. Would love to have seen Cinci, Coastal Car and Texas AM included in this.

As it sits...a none BCS team will never make it into the playoff. Yes chances are they will get smoked but would like to see it settled in the field.

Back to original question - safe to say, not a single person would decline going to a state title game.

Playing a title game in Champaign already feels like an empty stadium - wouldn’t be much different :)

Late to the party and I see it did get a little side tracked, but I wish the CFB playoff committee took Kelly's statement as fact and left them out. I can't stand empty threats. They should have even said "Oh we had ND at 4, but their coach said he didn't want to go".

Late to the party and I see it did get a little side tracked, but I wish the CFB playoff committee took Kelly's statement as fact and left them out. I can't stand empty threats. They should have even said "Oh we had ND at 4, but their coach said he didn't want to go".

Would love to have seen the reactions of this happened :)

You gotta respect the ND coach for those comments..no?

This whole thing is a little ridiculous. ND, Bama, Clemson have allowed fans all year w no issues. And now that it’s the playoffs...their potentially wouldn’t be any fans in the stands (especially the parents)??

If I’m a player or parents for ND....that won points w me.

This whole thing is a little ridiculous. ND, Bama, Clemson have allowed fans all year w no issues. And now that it’s the playoffs...their potentially wouldn’t be any fans in the stands (especially the parents)??

I don’t know I didn’t see fans at any of those games. I call it bull Sh#t. It’s all about ND and them wanting to be special! Their not special. Pompousyes? Special no. Colin2229 can you tell I am not a ND fan? 😂
Let’s see how special they are on Friday.
Roll Tide!

Almost makes me think it wasn’t so much a bluff as it was lip service to corona truthers.

I don’t know I didn’t see fans at any of those games. I call it bull Sh#t. It’s all about ND and them wanting to be special! Their not special. Pompousyes? Special no. Colin2229 can you tell I am not a ND fan? 😂
Let’s see how special they are on Friday.
Roll Tide!

I took at as him going to bat for his parents coming to see their kids play.

Could there be more to it? Sure but we’ll never know.

been a fun year to watch ND. Could care less who wins this whole thing - JUST WANT GOOD GAMES

Oscoda, Michigan, a school of 524 students, has opted out of the playoffs after the best season in school history, tying the school record for win at 9-0, winning the first District in school history. They won their first two playoff games in November, winning the District, when the playoffs were suspended. Practice could resume on Dec. 28.

The roster started the season with 27 players. It dwindled to about 19 players for the District title game. Only 12 showed up for practice Monday...not enough to continue playing. It was 29 degrees with 4 inches of snow on the field.

Oscoda kids have to be frustrated. Last years basketball season ended abruptly with a record of 21-1. Their baseball team, with state title hopes, never took the field. And now this...Cite MLive article by Lee Thompson on 12/28...

• Sad
Reactions: Gene K.

Then you have a truly pissed off Indiana. Moving the semi-final from the Rose Bowl stadium makes sense, but was it necessary to not play any game in Pasadena? Why not move the semi-final to the Fiesta Bowl and play the traditional Big Ten-Pac 12 Rose Bowl...The Hoosiers would likely have been thrilled to play in their second Rose Bowl, even in an empty stadium.

Oscoda, Michigan, a school of 524 students, has opted out of the playoffs after the best season in school history, tying the school record for win at 9-0, winning the first District in school history. They won their first two playoff games in November, winning the District, when the playoffs were suspended. Practice could resume on Dec. 28.

The roster started the season with 27 players. It dwindled to about 19 players for the District title game. Only 12 showed up for practice Monday...not enough to continue playing. It was 29 degrees with 4 inches of snow on the field.

Oscoda kids have to be frustrated. Last years basketball season ended abruptly with a record of 21-1. Their baseball team, with state title hopes, never took the field. And now this...Cite MLive article by Lee Thompson on 12/28...

I would probably opt out of this years playoffs in Illinois too if there is no state title. I think that is the last I have heard? Regional level type playoffs only right?

If you don’t host fans you shouldn’t host a bowl game.

I agree with that as well. The NCAA should put the games in stadiums that can have fans. I still don't get how the SEC games had what appeared to be full stands and then B1G was a ghost town with families only. It needs to be consistent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT