ADVERTISEMENT

WN Football - any views ?

Wheaton82

Sep 30, 2016
I haven't seen the whole team (players missing for baseball and/or football camps) play a 7on7? for those that have - any houghts on the Falcons? I'm hearing it could be a long season for the Falcons as they have apparent issues at QB (tall kid lacks a strong arm and the short underclass one can't see downfield), they lost two 3yr starters on defense to D1 schools, corners and safeties will likely be young. The one positive - strong running backs with a big thumper and a speedster.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
I haven't seen the whole team (players missing for baseball and/or football camps) play a 7on7? for those that have - any houghts on the Falcons? I'm hearing it could be a long season for the Falcons as they have apparent issues at QB (tall kid lacks a strong arm and the short underclass one can't see downfield), they lost two 3yr starters on defense to D1 schools, corners and safeties will likely be young. The one positive - strong running backs with a big thumper and a speedster.

I wasn't at the Red Grange - but I heard they did a damn fine job at the 7v7. One of their QBs Must have been on fire without a line in front at least.

Those two linebackers were very good and covered sideline to sideline. Two big losses for sure. How's WN Oline/DLine looking?

I watched them at the Red Grange 7on 7 and I was disappointed in them but it sounds like from your post they were missing kids. They looked smaller and less athletic then previous years but they do have a stud running back so that should really help in the fall.

If I'm being honest I really thought they would be a lot further along as a program right now with Wardinski as the head coach. He seemed to take over and turn the program right around but it just seems like they are running out of steam the last few years. Week 1 will be very important game for both WWS and WN both schools need the game to get to 5 wins and the playoffs.

They lost two D1 linebackers, but return about 7 starters on D, 8 if you count one of the linebackers who started for one of the D1 kids who missed about 5 games. Other returning LB is a two yr. varsity starter who led team in tackles last year - by alot. D-Line returns 3 starters or I should say four if one kid plays both ways. DBs aren't young - three of four are returning starters (2 Sr. safeties, 1 Jr. DB).

Most of the offensive production is back minus 3 yr. starting QB who didn't have his best season last year - but didn't get a lot protection. Two very good RBs and best wide receiver is back, also stud TE. QB position will be better then people think - both guys are very good athletes and have some wheels. O-Line should be improved. Interesting to see if anyone plays both ways - not typically what they do.

7 on 7 has gone better than expected IMO. Some guys missing here and there, Couple guys need to get healthy. One real bad performance that I saw vs. Aurora Christian where the team all looked like they were sleepwalking.

I do not think they are less athletic than previous years. Not a ton of speed on the outside. Depth may be an issue.

what is it about WN and 7s? It seems like they completely dominate people in them.

I have really enjoyed the JCA WN match up.

WN always does well, too. No? Has this winter and spring killed all of my brain cells?

ADVERTISEMENT