ADVERTISEMENT

Will this start a new wave of kids skipping senior year of high school?

The creating of online courses- by the high school- rubs me the wrong way. Now we're just coming up with online courses to cater for this situation? If the school already had online program's built in for this then that's different. But just creating specifically for a kid is wrong .

Might be harsh but I'm sorry- if you can't graduate early based on an established set of district policies in place then you finish out your time and commitment to team .

Just the throw this out there, with so many entities looking to monetize this kid’s talents, doing something player-friendly should not be demonized. I’m all for the kid protecting his own interests.

Nothing special about being reclassified down south or in California.

I know that the point is he isn’t really truly skipping his Senior year since he was already older then all the kids he was playing against.

Reactions: Bwm57
The creating of online courses- by the high school- rubs me the wrong way. Now we're just coming up with online courses to cater for this situation? If the school already had online program's built in for this then that's different. But just creating specifically for a kid is wrong .

Might be harsh but I'm sorry- if you can't graduate early based on an established set of district policies in place then you finish out your time and commitment to team .

This school obviously wants to say a graduate is QB at USC. If the student wants to go, he could just get his GED and enroll. Instead, his high school sets up a program so he can graduate...From the school's perspective, I don't see the problem. From USC's view, it is a bit shady...I'm assuming the Trojans don't admit lots of GED students who weren't home schooled, and highly doubt those students are on football scholarship...

I could have graduated in three years from high school, as the only graduation requirement I had not met was civics & economics which was a senior course (and could have fit in as a junior)....does the school want someone hanging around who only needs one class to graduate? In my case, I took my senior year seriously and took all of the top classes the small district offered...but I wanted the "senior experience"...Did the same thing at Illinois : last semester needed 9 hours of anything to graduate - and people wonder why my liver doesn't work too well...Law school the same way, last semester I had 8 hours pass/fail and Con Law / First Amendment - did a lot of "research" on public nudity that semester working on my "Cal-Berkley nude guy" paper for First Amendment, and was done with class a month before the semester was over...

Just the throw this out there, with so many entities looking to monetize this kid’s talents, doing something player-friendly should not be demonized. I’m all for the kid protecting his own interests.
If this was baseball or basketball, sure, but this kid will still be 3 years away from actually monetizing his talents for himself in football.

If this was baseball or basketball, sure, but this kid will still be 3 years away from actually monetizing his talents for himself in football.
But other entities will make money on his talents. He's going there to compete for QB1 with redshirts who came in with little fanfare.

USC QB1 makes someone money. Besides, this plays to the NFL rule of X-years since graduation before can you can declare for the draft.

Well he graduated from Mater Dei, a private school, so there are no district policies from which he needs to abide by.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT