ADVERTISEMENT

Will any 1-4 team make the playoffs?

mc140

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I haven't looked below 5a, but I don't see one. Anyone have someone?

If Naperville North pulls the huge upset against Naperville Central next week, I could see them winning out against Metea, Huntley and Nequa.

Awful tough to need a sweep of the last 4 games. No room for any error or a bad game.

It’s possible, another question is I wonder how many teams have actually accomplished that? Being 1-4 and ripping off 4 straight.

I know some teams that have done it from a 1-3 hole - but can’t think of any teams offhand with a 1-4 start.

@mc140 usually has an answer/reason for posting something like this. I'm interested in seeing who he thinks may have a chance. And perhaps a 4-1 that wont make it.

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
I guess this thread is not talking about the Bears in light of their 2nd win today.

I think Grayslake North has the Best potential chance of getting to 5-4.
They finish the season against Round Lake, Wauconda, Fox Lake Grant, and Grayslake Central with a combined 6-14 record.

Reactions: mc140
Awful tough to need a sweep of the last 4 games. No room for any error or a bad game.

It’s possible, another question is I wonder how many teams have actually accomplished that? Being 1-4 and ripping off 4 straight.

I know some teams that have done it from a 1-3 hole - but can’t think of any teams offhand with a 1-4 start.
I believe Mount Carmel possibly in 2014? I know they lost to the Philadelphia team, beat Morgan Park, lost to Providence, Rita and Rice, then maybe won their last 4 including LA in the last game to go 5-4, then made it to the semi finals. They may have had a second win between those losses, but it was impressive none the less

I think Grayslake North has the Best potential chance of getting to 5-4.
They finish the season against Round Lake, Wauconda, Fox Lake Grant, and Grayslake Central with a combined 6-14 record.

This. They already played the only good teams in their conference and they are def better than a 1-4 team. Not playoff scary, but those are some cream puffs the rest of the way for them.

ADVERTISEMENT