ADVERTISEMENT

Who picked the Bears to win 11 games?

Not me .I think I picked 4-12 after the Mack acquisition.

Did not know the league was this weak this year.....

9-7 tops with a road wild card game at best. The field was shitty today but they should be used to playing on bad turf. The offense really got lucky today their mistakes didn’t cost them more. They got bailed out of two major mistakes by defensive penalties today and if they weren’t playing against a third string rookie QB who knows what happens. They got a early Christmas gift when he tried a desperation Hail Mary pass instead of running for an easy first down with plenty left of the clock. I didn’t feel good at all about that W.

9-7 tops with a road wild card game at best. The field was shitty today but they should be used to playing on bad turf. The offense really got lucky today their mistakes didn’t cost them more. They got bailed out of two major mistakes by defensive penalties today and if they weren’t playing against a third string rookie QB who knows what happens. They got a early Christmas gift when he tried a desperation Hail Mary pass instead of running for an easy first down with plenty left of the clock. I didn’t feel good at all about that W.

McCaravan
All that said the Bears walked away with a “W” playing away against a hot team. I will say one thing, because of the Bears defense they will be a tough out no matter who they play. The might finish with 12 wins something Chicago fans can be proud of.

Go Bears!

McCaravan
All that said the Bears walked away with a “W” playing away against a hot team. I will say one thing, because of the Bears defense they will be a tough out no matter who they play. The might finish with 12 wins something Chicago fans can be proud of.

Go Bears!
I will definitely agree with you on all that. Don’t mean to be a Bah Humbug, yesterday’s game just got me concerned for the playoffs. But your right, they were playing a team on the road with nothing to lose and a God awful turf....I haven’t seen a kicker slip on a kickoff in God knows when...anyways BEAR DOWN!!! And Merry Christmas!!!

Reactions: markmacaluso
Not I, I said 10-6 at the most, more likely 9-7. Not sure how far they go in playoffs but it has been an enjoyable year so far. NFC road to SB goes through NO and boy they sure look good.

Not I, I said 10-6 at the most, more likely 9-7. Not sure how far they go in playoffs but it has been an enjoyable year so far. NFC road to SB goes through NO and boy they sure look good.
You must not have watched them last week.

I never did a projection but did say in a previous post that they would be a different team in November than in September

I never did a projection but did say in a previous post that they would be a different team in November than in September

Yes they’ve gotten progressively better between those months for sure. The offense is still a point of concern for me but they are a playoff ready team with that defense.

Found this interesting from 247 sports:

According to Bovada, the Vikings have opened as six-point favorites over the Bears. The over/under for the contest is set at 41 points. The Week 17 game was originally scheduled for a 12:00 p.m. CT start but was flexed into the 3:25 p.m. CT window on FOX. The Bears will enter the game with a chance to still earn a first-round bye with Minnesota fighting for a Wild Card spot. Chicago needs to beat the Vikings and have the Los Angeles Rams lose to the San Francisco 49ers in order to claim the No. 2 seed.

There is nothing wrong with the league. The good teams are good and the bad teams are bad. There seems to be a bit of a larger middle, however. It was very difficult to pick games straight up this year. I wouldn't say the league sucks or is bad...just a little more unpredictable than usual.

Of the 8 division winners, I'd say Dallas is the weakest. The wild card teams and teams still in the hunt are all solid and they all are capable of winning on the road.

We'll see how things go in week 17. I don't think the 49ers will win in LA but it is just like I said. A lot of game time kickoffs this Sunday have been changed to accommodate playoff implications, including the Bears and Vikings who have been moved to 3:25 PM. I was, however, surprised to see the Tennessee, Indianapolis game moved to 7:20 PM. Usually the games in the 3:00 CDT window are the last ones in week 17. So, I have to wonder if the winner of the Titans, Colts game will play on Sunday January 6th instead of Saturday the 5th.

Found this interesting from 247 sports:

According to Bovada, the Vikings have opened as six-point favorites over the Bears. The over/under for the contest is set at 41 points. The Week 17 game was originally scheduled for a 12:00 p.m. CT start but was flexed into the 3:25 p.m. CT window on FOX. The Bears will enter the game with a chance to still earn a first-round bye with Minnesota fighting for a Wild Card spot. Chicago needs to beat the Vikings and have the Los Angeles Rams lose to the San Francisco 49ers in order to claim the No. 2 seed.
Told you that would happen.

Who said they are resting everyone? First round bye is still on the line.
They are basically conceding that bye. Rams are a 10 pt favorite. they are picking their opponent. Bears beat Vikings and they get Eagles. If Minn wins we get Vikings.

I posted 10-6 at the start of the season based upon the top 10 defense of last year. That defense has now evolved into a top 3 defense or better depending on what stats you use. Khalil Mack's acquisition has really upgraded a good defense to a superior defense. If the old adage of defense wins championships is true the Bears could make a solid run to the super bowl. Stranger things have happened.

The offense was my only concern at the start but that has been somewhat alleviated by Nagy's aggressive play calling and the slow but sure progression of Mitch Trubisky. He has had some bad games this year but for the most part has done well in a complicated offense. Even tho the offensive out put yesterday wasn't good he still did well with a high QB ranking.

Surprised the Bears are 6 point dogs at Minnesota. IMO, this will be a very big game for the offense and Trubisky in particular

They are basically conceding that bye. Rams are a 10 pt favorite. they are picking their opponent. Bears beat Vikings and they get Eagles. If Minn wins we get Vikings.

Source?

Also, not sure it’s a good idea to lose to the team you play in round one. Bad mojo there.

On a positive note. I saw this on Twitter...

Kirk Cousins: 32-36-1 as a starter, 4-23 against teams that finish the season with 9+ wins, and 8-26 against teams that finish the season with 8+ wins.

Source?

Also, not sure it’s a good idea to lose to the team you play in round one. Bad mojo there.
mark I will tell you why you're right and he is wrong. The fact is, nine out of the last ten teams that reached the Super Bowl all had first round byes. It is much tougher to get to the big game if you have to play an extra playoff game. That is just the reality of it.

So, if the Bears don't get the bye, the odds swing against them further. Sure, it is not impossible to get to the SB while having to win three playoff games. It just becomes much more unlikely. So, I agree with you.

Or maybe JUST maybe, the Bears are pretty good.

This isn’t a great league compared to even a few years ago, but in the NFC this is the best defense going. That alone can carry them along way.

I was kidding about the league being weak. Just making excuses for my prediction.

Or maybe JUST maybe, the Bears are pretty good.

This isn’t a great league compared to even a few years ago, but in the NFC this is the best defense going. That alone can carry them along way.
They'd better get a running game going as Howard has been a underachiever !

Possibly not getting his number called enough but to win teams need to be able to run the ball consistently and the Bears have not so far .

Winning the Super Bowl is a difficult task .

I wish them well !

Running game is middle of the pack which surprised me I thought it was lower. They’ve run the ball mich better of late and I’d expect them to do so.

Other than the Miami and Giants game no one has run it in them. I’d take my chances with this defense.

I sure didn’t this year.
Nice season so far.

I think it's great, and I'm happy for them, but I keep reminding myself that they played a last place schedule this year.

I'm not gonna get too hyped up until they win a playoff game or two. And, if they bow out in the first or second round, I will continue to maintain a healthy skepticism well into next year with the first place schedule they will be playing.

The Bears need a better running game and better O line play. They also need a speedster WR. Jordan Howard seems to have lost IT or has simply lost favor with Nagy, and I don't think that Taquan Mizzell is the answer. I'm concerned that Kyle Long's best days are behind him when they should be in front of him at his age.

The Bears don't have a first or a second round pick next year. If the draft were held right now, their first pick would come 27 picks deep into round three. After that, they have picks #125, #155, and #219. That's it.

Are they going to be active players in the free agent market?

Running game is middle of the pack which surprised me I thought it was lower.

Part of the reason for that is because Trubisky is among the top NFL QBs in rushing yardage (despite missing two full games). Pretty sure the Bears don't want to build their running game around him.

I think it's great, and I'm happy for them, but I keep reminding myself that they played a last place schedule this year.

I'm not gonna get too hyped up until they win a playoff game or two. And, if they bow out in the first or second round, I will continue to maintain a healthy skepticism well into next year with the first place schedule they will be playing.

The Bears need a better running game and better O line play. They also need a speedster WR. Jordan Howard seems to have lost IT or has simply lost favor with Nagy, and I don't think that Taquan Mizzell is the answer. I'm concerned that Kyle Long's best days are behind him when they should be in front of him at his age.

The Bears don't have a first or a second round pick next year. If the draft were held right now, their first pick would come 27 picks deep into round three. After that, they have picks #125, #155, and #219. That's it.

Are they going to be active players in the free agent market?
That's garbage. last place only matters for 2 of the 16 games this season. This year I think those games were Giants (loss) and Bucs (Win)

That's garbage. last place only matters for 2 of the 16 games this season. This year I think those games were Giants (loss) and Bucs (Win)

So, the Bears don't need a better running game, or just the last place schedule is garbage in your opinion?

So, the Bears don't need a better running game, or just the last place schedule is garbage in your opinion?
They do need a better run game. I think the last place schedule doesn't mean anything. Although they get screwed next year by getting 1st place NFC south and west. (Saints and Rams) but those teams may not even be good next year.

I still laugh at how miserable some still continue be about this team.

They are 11 and 4. How is that such a bad thing?

Oh well they’re schedule was soft?

They will end up playing 3 of the remaining 5 teams in the playoffs.

Well they can’t run the ball?

I guess LA is nobody cause they put up almost 200 against the best (supposedly) d-line in the league and 148 against the second beat in Minnesota.

We gave up way too much for Mitch?

Did you get a good look at all the 49ers have done with “way too much?” Did Solomon Thomas play Sunday?

If you’re gonna be miserable be miserable. If you’re a Bears fan and this season doesn’t make you excited for the future then there are 31 other teams you can just as easily be as miserable with.

So bitter, so sad.

I still laugh at how miserable some still continue be about this team

If you’re gonna be miserable be miserable. If you’re a Bears fan and this season doesn’t make you excited for the future then there are 31 other teams you can just as easily be as miserable with.

So bitter, so sad.

I'm not miserable, nor am I bitter, and neither am I sad. AS I SAID, I think it's great and I am happy for them.

But, I'm not going to bet the family nest egg that they make a deep playoff run. Feel free to do so if you are so positive about them.

Reactions: markmacaluso
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT