ADVERTISEMENT

Where does ICCP fit in?

TPF523

Sep 8, 2014
I've heard rumors of metro teams growing tired of ICCP. With ICCP maximizing its product on the field the publics 3x+ the size are upset and crying foul. If ICCP is forced out of the metro where do they fit in? I don't see them slowing down anytime soon and another year or two of destroying below poor public school teams will cause this situation to boil over.

Reactions: Joseph Drake
I've heard rumors of metro teams growing tired of ICCP. With ICCP maximizing its product on the field the publics 3x+ the size are upset and crying foul. If ICCP is forced out of the metro where do they fit in? I don't see them slowing down anytime soon and another year or two of destroying below poor public school teams will cause this situation to boil over.

IHSA will create an extra multiplier for them and make them 8A

Changes are definitely coming to that Metro conference after this season.

Aurora Christian went on a tear for about 4 years and won 2 state championships. Then they fizzled out. It is usually cyclical.

Aurora Christian went on a tear for about 4 years and won 2 state championships. Then they fizzled out. It is usually cyclical.
I can't speak to AC but ICCP is loaded for years to come. Their conference is incredibly weak too. They'll slow down because they get bumped to far more competitive 4a after they win 3a in '17 but that doesn't mean that the public schools will suddenly enjoy getting spanked by them.

I can't speak to AC but ICCP is loaded for years to come. Their conference is incredibly weak too. They'll slow down because they get bumped to far more competitive 4a after they win 3a in '17 but that doesn't mean that the public schools will suddenly enjoy getting spanked by them.

I get what you are saying. Truth is, IC should have made the move to the CCL with AC and the other SCC schools.

I get what you are saying. Truth is, IC should have made the move to the CCL with AC and the other SCC schools.
Agreed, who knows maybe they end up there. I'd be willing to guarantee in 3 years the metro won't be status quo.

They stepped up their athletics program ... they obviously belong in the Chicago Catholic League.

Whoop whoop.

I heard the remains of the DVC might be looking for teams;)

You are so right... when the Oswegos and the Brook run away, you know it's going to be a nearly insurmountable task to get to 8.
That whole thing is crazy to me, the DVC exits, the rejections, the remaining schools are in a really tough spot.

That whole thing is crazy to me, the DVC exits, the rejections, the remaining schools are in a really tough spot.

I get a couple of the exits. When you mix 7A and 8A and a few of the smaller schools have trouble competing - conference jumping ensues. LAke Park kinda shocked me with their exit.

On the rejections - yeah I don't get that other than perhaps there were concerns about not being auto playoff teams in football if they accepted the invite.

I get a couple of the exits. When you mix 7A and 8A and a few of the smaller schools have trouble competing - conference jumping ensues. LAke Park kinda shocked me with their exit.

On the rejections - yeah I don't get that other than perhaps there were concerns about not being auto playoff teams in football if they accepted the invite.
Yeah they were obviously afraid of not making the playoffs, all the way around. To be honest Lake Park is the only one that makes sense to me as an outsider. They're probably the only one truly overmatched. All of the others may have had some down years but they're good programs competing at a very high level (little difference between 7a/8a most years). The Wheatons have very recently had their moments and have had some utter dominance too, Oswego's are more upstart but it seems like a good time to make the jump. Bolingbrook is a very solid program that obviously can compete at that level when motivated. It'd be a ridiculous conference and one where you have to be legit to make the playoffs but you'd have to be legit to win it in either 7a or 8a anyways. If you go 4-5 you're not winning state in those classes so no point getting upset about missing playoffs. Too bad, I don't blame them, just surprised.

Who is in the Metro these days? Sounds like a pretty miserable situation for the teams that aren't winners.

Who is in the Metro these days? Sounds like a pretty miserable situation for the teams that aren't winners.

Metro Suburban - Red
Norridge (Ridgewood)
Aurora Central Catholic
Elmwood Park
Chicago Christian
Guerin Prep
Walther Lutheran

Metro Suburban - Blue
ICCP
Riverside-Brookfield
Glenbard South
Wheaton Academy
Fenton
St. Edwards

If Public schools complain about getting beat up by ICCP, you simply point out that four of the Private schools (Chicago Christian, Walther, Guerin, St. Ed's) were a combined 3-17 in conference play. Public schools are getting fat on these four schools even if they can't hang with ICCP.

They stepped up their athletics program ... they obviously belong in the Chicago Catholic League.

Whoop whoop.

In CCL football, they would best placed in the same division as Montini, Marmion, and St. Francis. These are three of the five schools on which IC and the other SCC schools bailed a few years back.

In CCL football, they would best placed in the same division as Montini, Marmion, and St. Francis. These are three of the five schools on which IC and the other SCC schools bailed a few years back.
What happens if SF leaves? Do we stick with a 5-4-4-3 format?

I believe that if Francis goes then Aurora Christian and Bishop Mac go as well. Then it is truly a mess and then I imagine Fenwick gets called to the blue and then we see who the ESCC is willing to take.

Honestly I think Aurora Christian leaves and they combine the lower two divisions for a 5,5,6 format. Blue and green have 1 crossover with the lower division and then2 crossovers with each other for their 7 "conference games" and everyone can still schedule 2 non-con. This is best compromise to not asking Fenwick to move up. No facts or rumors here just speculation.

I believe that if Francis goes then Aurora Christian and Bishop Mac go as well. Then it is truly a mess and then I imagine Fenwick gets called to the blue and then we see who the ESCC is willing to take.

Honestly I think Aurora Christian leaves and they combine the lower two divisions for a 5,5,6 format. Blue and green have 1 crossover with the lower division and then2 crossovers with each other for their 7 "conference games" and everyone can still schedule 2 non-con. This is best compromise to not asking Fenwick to move up. No facts or rumors here just speculation.

Yeah, maybe.

I keep thinking that creating a mega private conference in the Chicago area would allow for so much more flexibility and options when it comes to scheduling, rivalries, etc.. It just seems like such a no-brainer that I am baffled why it hasn't been done already or, at the very least, isn't being talked about outside of this message board..

Reactions: bronco man
That seems really crazy to me. Why have a conference at all if half of the schools want to avoid playing the other half?
Because majority of the schools are no where near the level of the 5 in the Blue. For all the strengths of the conference is incredibly wide range of programs is a big negative.

What conference is Francis rumored to be going to?

Earlier talks entertained Westmont and lisle.....once things got serious talks came to a halt with those schools.

You are so right... when the Oswegos and the Brook run away, you know it's going to be a nearly insurmountable task to get to 8.
The DVC may have to play each other twice in 2018....what a mess. The DVC will be officially called the NEC....Naperville Elitist Conference. None of the NEC would ever play ICCP because they couldn't lose to a school 1/10th their size.....and they would all lose by 28+....

The DVC may have to play each other twice in 2018....what a mess. The DVC will be officially called the NEC....Naperville Elitist Conference. None of the NEC would ever play ICCP because they couldn't lose to a school 1/10th their size.....and they would all lose by 28+....
No they would not

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21

ICCP was great last year but if they played in the DVC they would have struggled to get to 5 wins not, saying they couldn't have done it but your belief of them beating everyone by 28 is comical.

When I read comments like this, I feel obligated to point out the following...and I must point out that their openings may have been filled...the last time I checked 4A Phillips has a week 1 opening. Multiplied to 6A Montini "may" have a week 2 opening. 7A Fenwick has a week 1 opening. Better yet schedule a DVC program preseason.

Maybe you're right! Only 1 way to find out.

JLP

Hehehehe. Well there are two ways to put your assumption to the test.
1. Petition to join DVC in 2018 as the 6th team
2. The DVC has 5 non conference games open for 2018 schedule a couple of them for your non con games!!

I do not believe the DVC will play twice during season. I think they will try and get as many non con games in state as they can and go out of state to fill out the rest of their schedule. You saw that last year with WV and NV in Indiana, WWS in Michigan, NC in Ohio etc etc. boosters - get ready to up the donations to cover all the additional travel expenses! :eek::(

Reactions: JLPlayer73
Hehehehe. Well there are two ways to put your assumption to the test.
1. Petition to join DVC in 2018 as the 6th team
2. The DVC has 5 non conference games open for 2018 schedule a couple of them for your non con games!!

I do not believe the DVC will play twice during season. I think they will try and get as many non con games in state as they can and go out of state to fill out the rest of their schedule. You saw that last year with WV and NV in Indiana, WWS in Michigan, NC in Ohio etc etc. boosters - get ready to up the donations to cover all the additional travel expenses! :eek::(

2018 our contract is up with BMac... week 2 should be open. Send us Metea!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT