ADVERTISEMENT

What's the cutoff for CPS strike

godfthr53

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2008
When's the last possible time the strike can end to for games to be played this weekend.

Why Simeon is 6-1? I thought they had until 26th if they were already qualified for playoffs?

They never were able to find a week 2 opponent.
Yes they were but they blew off a team from Michigan because the guy that replaced Mickey Pruitt said he had a CPS team without a game to replace them.That school backed out & Simeon tried to get the school from Michigan who found another game.Chicago Military Academy Bronzevillle backed out on Simeon

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
Yes they were but they blew off a team from Michigan because the guy that replaced Mickey Pruitt said he had a CPS team without a game to replace them.That school backed out & Simeon tried to get the school from Michigan who found another game
Oh man....words could not say how pissed I would be..with a drop to 6A this year they would be legit state contenders

Last edited:
Yes they were but they blew off a team from Michigan because the guy that replaced Mickey Pruitt said he had a CPS team without a game to replace them.That school backed out & Simeon tried to get the school from Michigan who found another game.Chicago Military Academy Bronzevillle
Just when you think that the CPL couldn’t get any worse.

So if they are still on strike which I heard they will be when the pairings come out will they still let them in? I don’t think they should because I heard the strike will last past Halloween & still be on strike during round 1

So I’m trying to get a read on the Simeon situation. IHSA policy says that if football practices have been terminated for a period of 7 days, a team must have 3 days of practice before they can play again. If Simeon’s last practice date was last Tuesday (since they played a game on Wednesday), does that mean tomorrow (Wednesday, October 23) is day 7 (I don’t believe you count Sunday’s). If that’s the case they won’t get 8 games in and I believe would not qualify for the playoffs. Is this really true?

So if they are still on strike which I heard they will be when the pairings come out will they still let them in? I don’t think they should because I heard the strike will last past Halloween & still be on strike during round 1
If they have the 8 games and qualify they will be given a game but if still on strike 3 days before the scheduled first round game they would have to forfeit. Not sure how this will effect teams like Curie who are 5-3, not sure if they will get a bid with the points they have

Sadly, I believe it is true. I saw a number of news outlets reporting that today was the "day". If the Strike was not resolved today then Simeon would not qualify due to the lack of 8 games completed.

So I’m trying to get a read on the Simeon situation. IHSA policy says that if football practices have been terminated for a period of 7 days, a team must have 3 days of practice before they can play again. If Simeon’s last practice date was last Tuesday (since they played a game on Wednesday), does that mean tomorrow (Wednesday, October 23) is day 7 (I don’t believe you count Sunday’s). If that’s the case they won’t get 8 games in and I believe would not qualify for the playoffs. Is this really true?
If they don’t have school tomorrow, Simeon is our because they didn’t play the 8 games required to be eligible. They can’t push the game back to Sunday because the pairings come out Saturday. This game effects Curie greatly too as they were to be there opponent. Even if Curie lost the 7 wins Simeon had would have helped their points

If they don’t have school tomorrow, Simeon is our because they didn’t play the 8 games required to be eligible. They can’t push the game back to Sunday because the pairings come out Saturday. This game effects Curie greatly too as they were to be there opponent. Even if Curie lost the 7 wins Simeon had would have helped their points
All the points are already added in they'd just be missing 1 playoff point.

So if the Simeon - Curie game doesn’t happen, Curie gets none of the point from Simeon even though they were on the schedule?

Reactions: Schwab54
So if the Simeon - Curie game doesn’t happen, Curie gets none of the point from Simeon even though they were on the schedule?
Correct, they game won’t be forfeited because neither team was able to play, it will be marked as a no game

So, just to clarify. On Saturday when they do the pairings and the strike is still going on, the CPS teams that are playoff qualifiers will be put in the bracket? If so, the IHSA is going to bracket them even though they will only have two business days to end the strike so that the qualifying schools can get in enough practices to play their first round game? If that's correct, that's just plain stupid. If they are on strike on pairings day, they should be left out.

Reactions: superac777
So, just to clarify. On Saturday when they do the pairings and the strike is still going on, the CPS teams that are playoff qualifiers will be put in the bracket? If so, the IHSA is going to bracket them even though they will only have two business days to end the strike so that the qualifying schools can get in enough practices to play their first round game? If that's correct, that's just plain stupid. If they are on strike on pairings day, they should be left out.
Can you imagine the mess if they were left off and the strike ends at 10:00pm Saturday night?

Can you imagine if they would come out with a “if the strike ends in time” and “if it doesn’t” schedule”. Should would make it clear, and ensure that if the strike doesn’t end some teams that would not have made the playoffs get a chance.

If there on strike on Saturday than the show goes on.. fill the field with teams that can play!!! I know the IHSA has rules against it but it doesn’t make any sense to me. No stupid byes for teams PLAY BALL! And I don’t care about lopsided games it is still good for the schools, good for the community and good for football in general. Add some excitement to some of the community’s that were right on the edge of making it. Byes don’t build the sports. Games do!

Can you imagine if they would come out with a “if the strike ends in time” and “if it doesn’t” schedule”. Should would make it clear, and ensure that if the strike doesn’t end some teams that would not have made the playoffs get a chance.

So the non-cps opponent should have to prepare for 2 different potential opponents and not know which one they are playing until 3 days before? Sure!

Reactions: FalconPadre
Plan for the cps school and if they get bounced who ever they put in place will be sub par anyway relax

I have to imagine that Simeon would petition the IHSA to waive 3 practice rule and then waive the 8 game rule

Reactions: Schwab54
I’m going to petition to waive all the rules, because this is a mess lol

Either way the decision is going to effect someone negatively. So the cleanest way to do it is by the book, no waiving of rules, no replacement teams, you qualified your bracketed if not you are not. Anything else is the true mess.

Reactions: Cross Bones
I have to imagine that Simeon would petition the IHSA to waive 3 practice rule and then waive the 8 game rule
And very likely whoever that team is that gets in at Simeon’s misfortune is going to have their own attorney involved with the argument if you are not going to enforce the rules, what the point? This is going to be a monumental mess.

Reactions: olderbytheminute
ADVERTISEMENT