ADVERTISEMENT

What Would You Do?

LTHSALUM76

Aug 27, 2014
This has been talked about a little in the past. But when it comes to the TV broadcast of the State Championship games on Thanksgiving weekend, how does everyone feel about the production? Is it good?

If not, what would you change? Unless something has changed, my only update would be to get someone to replace Hub Arkush in the booth. Nothing personal about the guy. He just seems to be way out of his element when it comes to HS football. I like the play-by-play guy. But I don't think Arkush is the right guy for that job.

As far as the technical stuff goes, I guess it's fine.

I would like to see someone who has coached at that level take over. But not just anyone. Just because someone has coached, it doesn't mean he can do a good job in the booth. Maybe that guy is hard to find. I don't know. Who would you have?

Reactions: ignazio
Whoever does the games would be head and shoulders above the crew for ESPN that does the Sunday Night Baseball games. That is what I was saying, before that thread disappeared.

Reactions: Bowie50
The problem with the TV guys is they rarely have same insights as local radio guys. Hub Arkush is prime example of this.

Reactions: Codeblu2
Not an Arkush fan and I know I am in the minority as a McInerney fan.

------

My favorite All Time announcers....

CB Al McGuire
NFL Pat Summerall and John Madden
BB Joe Garagiola and Tony Kubek
Chi BB Harry Carey and Jimmy Piersall
NHL Eddie O

Reactions: Magnum Opus
Not an Arkush fan and I know I am in the minority as a McInerney fan.

------

My favorite All Time announcers....

CB Al McGuire
NFL Pat Summerall and John Madden
BB Joe Garagiola and Tony Kubek
Chi BB Harry Carey and Jimmy Piersall
NHL Eddie O
Someone read the Sun Times this morning. So did I and that was a good article. All time for me is.

NFL Summerall and Maddon
MLB Vin Scully and Joe Garagiola
Chi BB Jack Brickhouse and Steve Stone
NHL Lloyd Pettit and Eddie Olczyk.

Although the last two pairs never worked together, I feel they were the best play-by-play and analysts.

Reactions: Wassup13
Yes most guys put Scully over Kubec. I think Scully is more of a guy who keeps giving you stats and Kubec was more about talking about the game and teaching the nuances of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT