ADVERTISEMENT

What would have been.

godfthr53

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2008
Had the Govenor not shut us down we would be in week 9. We'd looking at all the possibiliies for next week from the Souc and looking forward to Saturday night pairings show. Instead JB has us locked out of HS sports. Instead of game planning Saturday mornings I've been coaching 6-8 year old baseball, no covid there.

Reactions: Bwm57
Really? I know at least a dozen college kids who have tested positive as well as numerous adults.
Yes really. I've heard of people second hand but nobody personally. Know a ton that have tested but no positives.

Really? I know at least a dozen college kids who have tested positive as well as numerous adults.
Second wave according to the Chicago mayor. She’s threatening to move backwards. The governor is probably on her coattails.

Reactions: Gene K.
I've still yet to know anybody personally that has tested positive since this all began. Nobody.
Same here, not one person I know personally.

I've watched as the numbers go up slowly in my Zip Code (greater Coal City area) and the numbers go up in Grundy County but not one person I actually know.

The closest I've come to hearing about people I know is famous people, coaches, pro athletes, etc., I think there was one poster awhile ago who said they had it.

We know about 10-12 people that have tested positive and 3 who have died, the ages range mostly in the 30-50 range with 2 over 60.

Reactions: kkhawk
I know no one that got it but know plenty who have taken a test for it. I think a lot of it just depends on where you live.

Do not know anyone personally who has had it. Rumor is few couple people at work, but not sure if they had it or were just exposed.

Do know two families that had to close their restaurants permanently.

• Angry
Reactions: Gene K.
Week 9. Pop-up on my facebook memories today from 2014: Updated playoff info from the IHSA has 8-0 Manteno (I-8 Large Division Champ) with the No. 1 seed / playoff points in 4A, while 8-0 Wilmington (I-8 Small Division Champ) had the No. 2 seed / playoff points in 3A. Purple & White feline war at Manteno for the I-8 undisputed title that week - obviously won by the Wildcats on the way to the State Championship...21-7.

I've yet to have anyone I personally know get the Covid. But my client this morning reported that his roommate tested positive over the weekend...Obviously he didn't have to go to court.

Today (Tuesday) the Governor announced that Will, Kankakee, DuPage and Kane counties will be shut down again starting Friday. Good news... if you want to dine outside in the 40 degree temps, that will be allowed. Final nail?? Hard to believe that Cook county isn't on the list. I think someone is cooking the books.

If any business owner has been paying attention, they should all be staying open. Every business so far- every single one- that has gotten any citation from local health departments and police have all had them thrown out. Not one has had their doors forced closed, fined, or liquor licenses taken away. DeVore has done a great job educating all the business owners in the regions that have gone through this. He posts the citations and dismissal paperwork from judges. There is no law that they are breaking by staying open, and thus courts can't act on anything. They have to get a court order to close you, and they can't do it. Tell your business owner friends to stay open so they can survive and allow employees to survive.

I've still yet to know anybody personally that has tested positive since this all began. Nobody.

Consider yourself blessed. A couple of alumni from my high school passed away from it. Five co-workers I know had it, two were serious but they pulled through. I also know a school in the suburbs that had double-digit cases while the students were in remote learning. The cases were a mixture of staff that were reporting to the school and student-athletes coming to the school for contact days.

Consider yourself blessed. A couple of alumni from my high school passed away from it. Five co-workers I know had it, two were serious but they pulled through. I also know a school in the suburbs that had double-digit cases while the students were in remote learning. The cases were a mixture of staff that were reporting to the school and student-athletes coming to the school for contact days.

Which school was that?

Honestly,I am not at liberty to say.

Why every school releases the results publicly most districts now have score cards on their websites so the public can monitor what’s going. If any school is with holding info the entire administration should be fired immediately. You saying your not liberty to say makes it sound made up.

Why every school releases the results publicly most districts now have score cards on their websites so the public can monitor what’s going. If any school is with holding info the entire administration should be fired immediately. You saying your not liberty to say makes it sound made up.
St Viator did not.

I understand that it sounds like that but I don't gain anything from lying. I think we all have made our minds up about the level of severity of COVID and if we agree or disagree with the response of elected officials and school districts. I was simply offering my experience to to show that it does differs from others. I'lll leave it up to you to believe me or not.

Today (Tuesday) the Governor announced that Will, Kankakee, DuPage and Kane counties will be shut down again starting Friday. Good news... if you want to dine outside in the 40 degree temps, that will be allowed. Final nail?? Hard to believe that Cook county isn't on the list. I think someone is cooking the books.

The little town of Chebanse, south of Kankakee, is torn...The bars on the north side of Chebanse street are closed, while the bars on the south side of Chebanse street are open...Outside of town, Chebanse street is known as County line road between Iroquois & Kankakee Counties...Same issue in downtown Cabery - but it is Ford & Kankakee...

Stadium activity tonight at Manteno's Midland Bank Field...Manteno Magic Show Choir Fall Concert. The lights were on, the National Anthem played, the Show Choir sang & danced...strange spacing meeting social distancing requirements, a show which probably was designed for a stage 30 foot wide done on the football field, 20 yard line to 20 yard line...People in the stands.

ADVERTISEMENT