ADVERTISEMENT

What we learned week 3!?!?!

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
Halfway point of this shortened season. Quality of play is improving.

1 - That it was a milestone weekend - Racki, McNulty with milestone wins.
2 - That Lockport is better than we thought.
3 - That I don’t know what to think of Bolingbrook.
4 - That their still is a great appeal to small town, grass field football.
5 - That a goal line stand to win a rivalry game still reigns supreme - See New Trier-Evanston.
6 - That Lake Forest-Warren would be a fun NSC title game - alas only 6 games can be played.
7 - That very quietly, a huge upset took place in the FVC Thursday night - Crystal Lake Ctrl tour table is ready.
8 - That the Jack Youngblood award goes to Brendan Hernon - taped an aspirin to that shoulder and kept playing.
9 - That Bostik is sticking it to Palatines opponents.
10 - That dreaming of what some post season matchups would be doesn’t cut it - but at least we have three more weeks.

That’s what I got for the first three weeks.

Would love to see Warren get some consideration for moving up in the rankings. Very talented team. LF vs Warren looks exciting on paper checkout last year. Would like to see Warren & LA go at it for North Suburb bragging rights. Oh well, there is next year. Both are playing young players and will lose a few good players but reloaded. Next fall is shaping up to be an exciting high school football year.

Would love to see Warren get some consideration for moving up in the rankings. Very talented team. LF vs Warren looks exciting on paper checkout last year. Would like to see Warren & LA go at it for North Suburb bragging rights. Oh well, there is next year. Both are playing young players and will lose a few good players but reloaded. Next fall is shaping up to be an exciting high school football year.

That would be fun to watch. I like to see teams play that haven’t played each other. It’s interesting to see how they match up.

Reactions: lookoutforliam
I really think we have some very good teams in Illinois that unfortunately never seem to get the opportunity to play each other. Crusader 90 hit on something with ESL not getting an opportunity to play certain teams like LWE, Loyola, Warren etc. Hopefully this can happen some day. I think the previous thread that got off track and was deleted by Edgy.may of gone off the rails.
I feel any of these games would be intriguing and fun for the schools and fans.

I really think we have some very good teams in Illinois that unfortunately never seem to get the opportunity to play each other. Crusader 90 hit on something with ESL not getting an opportunity to play certain teams like LWE, Loyola, Warren etc. Hopefully this can happen some day. I think the previous thread that got off track and was deleted by Edgy.may of gone off the rails.
I feel any of these games would be intriguing and fun for the schools and fans.

Agreed. I’d love to see these kind of matchups. Makes our state better when the best play the best.

That Evan Brown (Oswego) is the most underrated player on either side of the Southwest Prairie Conference and likely the conference defensive MVP

That Evan Brown (Oswego) is the most underrated player on either side of the Southwest Prairie Conference and likely the conference defensive MVP

I know that you're an Oswego fan and that your son plays for the team. If your kid is Evan Brown, congratulations on the three fumble recoveries. Either way, there's nothing wrong with giving credit where it's due.

I know that you're an Oswego fan and that your son plays for the team. If your kid is Evan Brown, congratulations on the three fumble recoveries. Either way, there's nothing wrong with giving credit where it's due.
My son is not Evan Brown, in fact last season when someone asked for a name of a player that rarely gets recognized, I also said Evan Brown.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT