ADVERTISEMENT

What games do you have circled?

godfthr53

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2008
What games are you really looking forward to for your team.
For me its Week 2 vs. De La Salle since Naz has never played them and they have quite a bit of talent coming back . After that no doubt its Week 7 @ Marist. Both Teams should be coming in with good records and it can be a measuring stick for the Roadrunners heading into the playoffs.

Reactions: Gene K.
In general early weeks: week 1 BR at Marist and Phillips v LA week 2 LA vs Bishop Amat and 3 MC at LA

Last edited:
Reactions: DiveTwin
Wk 2 - WV vs Glenbard North
Wk 3 - WV vs Neuqua Valley
Wk 4 - WV vs Naperville Central

Wk 1: Crete-Monee at LWE
Wk 2: LWE at Maine South (rematch of the elimination game for East last season)

Godfthr

How bout Carmel since I heard the players did a prolonged circle dance on the fifty after the game at Naz last year?

Godfthr

How bout Carmel since I heard the players did a prolonged circle dance on the fifty after the game at Naz last year?

That 'circle dance' has been a Carmel Catholic football ritual for YEARS, win or lose, away or home. Follows a team prayer, which is a ritual too JB.

Reactions: Gene K.
Godfthr

Are you sure that was a circle "dance" and not a different circle. Besides I think there will be way better games than Naz-CoM

Week 1 - Crete Monee vs. LWE (What a great south suburban match-up)
Week 2 - Brother Rice vs. Crete Monee (Has been a great game the last 2 seasons)
Week 3 - Crete Monee vs West Lafayette @ Purdue Stadium (Great for the kids)

This will see what the Warriors are made of!

Week 1 - Stevenson
Week 4 - Maine South (semifinals rematch)
Week 6 - Barrington
Week 7 - @Fremd
Week 9 - Hoffman Estates (could be for MSL West title)

good thing is 4 of the 5 key games will be at Palatine :)

Are you sure that was a circle "dance" and not a different circle. Besides I think there will be way better games than Naz-CoM
Don't sleep on Carmel, they'll be much better than you are clearly expecting.

Week 1 - Crete Monee vs. LWE (What a great south suburban match-up)
Week 2 - Brother Rice vs. Crete Monee (Has been a great game the last 2 seasons)
Week 3 - Crete Monee vs West Lafayette @ Purdue Stadium (Great for the kids)

This will see what the Warriors are made of!

I like it.

Maine south @ New Trier week 8. Game will most likely be for conference championship and the streak did end last year so will be interesting to see how this years game goes. Hopefully a much better turn out than last year.

What games are you really looking forward to for your team.
For me its Week 2 vs. De La Salle since Naz has never played them and they have quite a bit of talent coming back . After that no doubt its Week 7 @ Marist. Both Teams should be coming in with good records and it can be a measuring stick for the Roadrunners heading into the playoffs.
Naz should handle De La Salle easily IMO.

Maine south @ New Trier week 8. Game will most likely be for conference championship and the streak did end last year so will be interesting to see how this years game goes. Hopefully a much better turn out than last year.
I agree! Definitely not a NT fan, but those kids deserved to have more than 50 people see them win conference.

At this point for me, it would be the Rita/Shamrock game at Soldier Field. Mustangs win this game and they are in the playoffs with, at least, a 5 - 4 record.

At this point for me, it would be the Rita/Shamrock game at Soldier Field. Mustangs win this game and they are in the playoffs with, at least, a 5 - 4 record.

Witty: In the movie "The Best of Times" there is no way they dont have over the top safey help on Jack on that play where he does his move.

Football schedule for Montini is not out from what I have tried to get on the internet and at the Montini School site. I got the BR game from Max preps and that was the only game they listed.

What happened with Montini QB from the 2015 State Championship team? He really did a number on us in the championship game. What a talented kid.

What happened with Montini QB from the 2015 State Championship team? He really did a number on us in the championship game. What a talented kid.
He went to a junior college. I don't know where though. He was very talented especially considering he didn't play QB as a junior. He was also a great teammate and an all around quality kid.

MS @ GW Week 1

Might see 100 points in that game with The Greek Freak flying all over the place and GW returning 3,500 yards of total offense, not including a QB that adds a new dimension to the GW offense.

My Week 1 Itin will be Rice at Marist (pre-party at Reilly's) on Fri, Sat night LA v Wendell Phillips at Gately 7:15. If GW-MS is not on tv I might go if Capn throws me a T shirt

MS @ GW Week 1

Might see 100 points in that game with The Greek Freak flying all over the place and GW returning 3,500 yards of total offense, not including a QB that adds a new dimension to the GW offense.

Well..maybe. MS won't have the 300+ lineman, nor the QB. In the semifinal game last year Palatine was able to hold Kokosulius(sp?) to 60 yards, it was the scrambling QB getting 9 yards on 3rd and 7 all day that killed us.

He's really, really good..but somewhat small..I don't know what MS's O-line looks like for the fall, but if they don't have the big beef, and with an unknown QB who may/may not be as big a threat as last years, GBW would be wise to do their best to take away the running game and make them beat you with the pass. Now, I know it's MS and that may sound crazy, but you have a returning stud running back and an unknown/unproven QB making his debut..I'd take my chances with that.

Well..maybe. MS won't have the 300+ lineman, nor the QB. In the semifinal game last year Palatine was able to hold Kokosulius(sp?) to 60 yards, it was the scrambling QB getting 9 yards on 3rd and 7 all day that killed us.

He's really, really good..but somewhat small..I don't know what MS's O-line looks like for the fall, but if they don't have the big beef, and with an unknown QB who may/may not be as big a threat as last years, GBW would be wise to do their best to take away the running game and make them beat you with the pass. Now, I know it's MS and that may sound crazy, but you have a returning stud running back and an unknown/unproven QB making his debut..I'd take my chances with that.

I hear you you. Hetlet will likely do what he did with Homer Flosswood by playing contain and daring them to throw over top.. Sounds like we will have a couple of unknowns going into the game until @MS4EVER brings his scouting report: GW Defense, which needs to reload 7 of front 8, and MS Oline, which needs to replace the Human-Wrecking-Crew.

Pretty sure GW will light up the scoreboard like they did in '15, but the hard part for defenses will be picking a focal point. In '15, so many people committed to stopping Sammy The Bull, GW had to open up the offense and had a QB that could do it. This year, GW has so many weapons, it will be tough to slant the field. Add to that mix a much more mobile athlete at QB and GW should be able to score some points.

Looking forward to seeing GW defense reload. Rare that GW loses so many starters on D in same year. GW Sophs last year had a tough time getting their footing on defense early in the season. Da Brook sophs put 52 on them.

MS Offense seems a bit like PR where you need a road paver and a superior athlete or two to make it work. Sounds like they have two superior athletes, now we have to see if the road paver is prepped and ready. GW defense usually has significant success when playing against one road paver. The trouble starts when you have 3, like LA or HC in '15.

My Week 1 Itin will be Rice at Marist (pre-party at Reilly's) on Fri, Sat night LA v Wendell Phillips at Gately 7:15. If GW-MS is not on tv I might go if Capn throws me a T shirt

You know I will. Over/Under may be 75 by game time. Should be interesting.

I hear you you. Hetlet will likely do what he did with Homer Flosswood by playing contain and daring them to throw over top.. Sounds like we will have a couple of unknowns going into the game until @MS4EVER brings his scouting report: GW Defense, which needs to reload 7 of front 8, and MS Oline, which needs to replace the Human-Wrecking-Crew.

Pretty sure GW will light up the scoreboard like they did in '15, but the hard part for defenses will be picking a focal point. In '15, so many people committed to stopping Sammy The Bull, GW had to open up the offense and had a QB that could do it. This year, GW has so many weapons, it will be tough to slant the field. Add to that mix a much more mobile athlete at QB and GW should be able to score some points.

Looking forward to seeing GW defense reload. Rare that GW loses so many starters on D in same year. GW Sophs last year had a tough time getting their footing on defense early in the season. Da Brook sophs put 52 on them.

MS Offense seems a bit like PR where you need a road paver and a superior athlete or two to make it work. Sounds like they have two superior athletes, now we have to see if the road paver is prepped and ready. GW defense usually has significant success when playing against one road paver. The trouble starts when you have 3, like LA or HC in '15.
Dont know if I ever saw a more exciting soph game. The ending to that one was straight out of the movies.

ADVERTISEMENT