ADVERTISEMENT

What Did You Think?

LTHSALUM76

Aug 27, 2014
I know we usually talk football here. But I did want more eyeballs to see this post before it gets moved over.

Did anyone else see the baseball games last night? I flipped back and forth between the Sox and Cubs and the Yankees and Mets on MLB. I have to say, I needed that, even though it wasn't the same thing and the games don't count. A month ago I said I wasn't going to watch baseball in the form they want to present it. I was wrong. I really didn't think I'd feel the way I did last night. I actually found the games by accident. Just channel surfing and there those games were. I guess I just wasn't giving it much thought. Now, after re-thinking it, I want these games to continue. I want to see hockey and football too. I am praying it works.

I will get on my soapbox and say this country is in dire need of sports. Even if we have to compromise some things, like fan limits or no fans. And I would like to see these kids who want to play HS and College football get the opportunity. We have to find a way to get these kids in school as much as possible and on the field.

I don't like the idea of just scrubbing the season or in person class at this time. An effort needs to be made, first. Then, if it doesn't work out, it doesn't. We have to start and continue to move toward normalcy.

Last night Steve Stone said he doesn't like or agree with a "new normal." His view is, we have to get back where we were at some point and I couldn't agree more.

Maybe when the real games start I’ll try watching. Better this than the NBA which I will not watch. It’s just weird...

It was certainly good to see, I've enjoyed some of the scrimmages too. Hitting Joliet tonight to watch some college kids play.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
It was certainly good to see, I've enjoyed some of the scrimmages too. Hitting Joliet tonight to watch some college kids play.
Yeah, I forgot to mention something. I drove by Lockport's baseball field Friday at around 4:00 - 4:30 PM and there was a game going on. The kids looked like they were 15 or 16. Lots of cars in the parking lot and fans all over the place. It was glorious to see. :)

Reactions: missingwalter
Did anyone else see the baseball games last night? I flipped back and forth between the Sox and Cubs and the Yankees and Mets on MLB. I have to say, I needed that, even though it wasn't the same thing and the games don't count.
Maybe when the real games start I’ll try watching. Better this than the NBA which I will not watch. It’s just weird...
Are these another round of preseason games right now? I didn't know that.

Article in the Daily Journal Saturday about how the local coaches are dealing with the issues...several pretty clearly indicated that they are pretty happy with the way their players have returned to the old fashioned ways of playing pickup ball at each other's houses...or the park. The stupidity of this situation comes down to this...the coach if he has an open gym or summer practice at school has a laundry list of rules to follow...but if the same group of kids goes and plays at the park across the street from the coach's house, he can sit on the porch and watch with no restrictions on what the kids are doing...It seems that the hoops coaches have given up on "organized" activities and told them to just go play pickup ball. Its the football coaches who have to deal with the rules the most right now...

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
Article in the Daily Journal Saturday about how the local coaches are dealing with the issues...several pretty clearly indicated that they are pretty happy with the way their players have returned to the old fashioned ways of playing pickup ball at each other's houses...or the park. The stupidity of this situation comes down to this...the coach if he has an open gym or summer practice at school has a laundry list of rules to follow...but if the same group of kids goes and plays at the park across the street from the coach's house, he can sit on the porch and watch with no restrictions on what the kids are doing...It seems that the hoops coaches have given up on "organized" activities and told them to just go play pickup ball. Its the football coaches who have to deal with the rules the most right now...
I really do like that, we've got a College Volleyball player in the neighborhood and His current college and former HS teammates get together almost everyday at the subdivision court and play. It's high level, intense and fun to watch.

Oh yeah, baseball is alive and well.
Yeah it is, same with softball.. I've probably seen 20 18u boys baseball games and almost that many 14u girls softball games in the past 5-6 weeks. I watched a few more on GameChanger, love that app.. Yesterday my daughter was up at that same time as my son, kind of a cool feeling..

ADVERTISEMENT