ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 8!?!?

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
In a word a lot.

1 - That the 30 year streak of making the playoffs could be in shaky ground for Stevenson.
2 - That the Bartlett freshmen who are now Bartlett seniors calmed the Storm.
3 - That the hitters won a classic
4 - That this was not your fathers or grandfathers Cary Grove team.
5 - That all gas and no brakes was good for 68 this week and a conference title.
6 - That Naz is really unbeaten and doing it the right way.
7 - That huge week 9 clashes await -Hersey/Meadows and Oswego/Minooka
8 - That St Francis thing is real.
9 - That Benet has run into some trouble the last two weeks
10 - That all but one of last years finalists look to be locked into a return playoffs trip. St Charles N has to beat WWS to be playoff eligible.

week 9 awaits

That JCA did not wait until the last half of the 9th game to make the playoffs!

Believe it or not there were years at CG when drubbings like that were common. A beating by their top rival who seems pretty damn good doesn’t mean the ship is sinking. Perhaps CG needed that.

@LakeCtyNewt
For #1 sometimes they end, but you hit the weights and start a new one. I think they'll win next Friday though

Home of six flags .... another shutout .... they gave up a total of 24 yards to Stevenson for the game. Tune up for playoffs. Back to weight room as usual
Warren s very good, but Stevie is no bueno this year.

I agree. But Stevie played two top 5 teams ... compare the outcomes ... that's all I am saying ... they play there schedule ... it is always the next thing.... 1st it was they need to be Barrington, next was they need to play an athletic & physical tram like Glenbard North then it was they had to play LZ & Stevie ... see everyone in the playoffs ... succesful year so far DEFENSE giving up 21 pts all year through 8 games .. that is with 3rd string playing 4 th Quarters .

I agree. But Stevie played two top 5 teams ... compare the outcomes ... that's all I am saying ... they play there schedule ... it is always the next thing.... 1st it was they need to be Barrington, next was they need to play an athletic & physical tram like Glenbard North then it was they had to play LZ & Stevie ... see everyone in the playoffs ... succesful year so far DEFENSE giving up 21 pts all year through 8 games .. that is with 3rd string playing 4 th Quarters .
Obviously you’re correct about “see everyone in the playoffs”. It’s apparent that Warren has some talented athletes, but the reality is that they have not played a tough team yet and in all likelihood will not until the quarter round of the playoffs. There’s no shame in that and that’s why we love this game; determinations happen on the field, not on a blog or in the barbershop.

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
Obviously you’re correct about “see everyone in the playoffs”. It’s apparent that Warren has some talented athletes, but the reality is that they have not played a tough team yet and in all likelihood will not until the quarter round of the playoffs. There’s no shame in that and that’s why we love this game; determinations happen on the field, not on a blog or in the barbershop.

Exactly.

Win a quarterfinal game in the playoffs and you won’t have to boast how awesome your team is.

Warrens defense was good enough to win state last year.

QB play and the lack of a passing game was a major flaw. I’m sure the QB improved. We’ll find out like I said, in the quarterfinals against a quality opponent.

In a word a lot.

1 - That the 30 year streak of making the playoffs could be in shaky ground for Stevenson.
5 - That all gas and no brakes was good for 68 this week and a conference title.
10 - That all but one of last years finalists look to be locked into a return playoffs trip. St Charles N has to beat WWS to be playoff eligible.

week 9 awaits
Great as always Newt..I like reading them in reverse..

Reactions: Gene K.
I learned jezik is a bonafide STUD....saw on Twitter he was at OK state this weekend.....that’s for wrestling right? Is he getting any football looks?
Yes for wrestling. Some D3 and NAIA looks for football but he’s getting looked at by a lot of big time wrestling programs. Ok State has been on him a lot. Great athlete

Yes for wrestling. Some D3 and NAIA looks for football but he’s getting looked at by a lot of big time wrestling programs. Ok State has been on him a lot. Great athlete

Wow you’d think that some lower tier FBS and the average FCS schools would want him for football. I’ve always thought that smaller school RBs kinda don’t get looked at like they should.

I like Warren. I’m rooting for them. I believe most folks on here are pulling for them. Be humble. Stop sticking your chest out and act like you've been there before. You want to be an elite program, you have to realize sustained success.

Last edited:
Nope ... home of six flags ... I peesonally know what work they put in for the last 8 months and in the classroom.... I do not care ... there is another team out north now .... that is really good.

Getting all of us to believe isn’t gonna get you a state championship. The kids at Warren have to believe.

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
That it should be a interestingweek with possible forfeits & the CPS mess.Looking forward to the playoff pairings Prep Bowl & State

That if this IHSA report turns out to be true, we should feel terrible for the kids at Proviso East if the adults there made terrible decisions for the sake of winning some games. What are you teaching?

In a word a lot.

week 9 awaits

11- After two seasons of promoting the best D in the state, the Warren Blue-Devils, micahjones has finally struck a nerve and elicits numerous responses each week. No press is bad press. Kudos, MJ. Consistency is key.

Reactions: Gene K.
I'm fairly certain that the "Bartlett Freshmen" were Class of 2009. The braggart poster had 2008 in his moniker, but I remember always thinking that he used the year of fall football in the moniker, rather than the graduation year of that class. They were quiet as juniors, but went on a run as seniors. Semifinals I think.

Correct. Undefeated #1 seed until they played MS who was also undefeated #2 seed. It was a crazy cold night in Streamwood.

Reactions: Quags57 and eireog
Correct. Undefeated #1 seed until they played MS who was also undefeated #2 seed. It was a crazy cold night in Streamwood.
Dons almost had them in Round 1. 10-7 I believe. Might have been a 1 vs 32? Not sure.

Reactions: MS4EVER
It's Stevenson's 30-year playoff streak vs. Lake Forest's 9-year streak on the line Friday night. Last year, the Scouts were able to win at Stevenson to keep their streak alive. It would be surprising to see a repeat this year with the scoring problems Lake Forest has been having. I think the only way LF can really win is to make it a 10-7 type game, like with the win over Antioch. If you can't hold a 4th-quarter lead at home against Libertyville you probably don't deserve to go to the playoffs anyway.

It's Stevenson's 30-year playoff streak vs. Lake Forest's 9-year streak on the line Friday night. Last year, the Scouts were able to win at Stevenson to keep their streak alive. It would be surprising to see a repeat this year with the scoring problems Lake Forest has been having. I think the only way LF can really win is to make it a 10-7 type game, like with the win over Antioch. If you can't hold a 4th-quarter lead at home against Libertyville you probably don't deserve to go to the playoffs anyway.

I agree
I have to tip my hat to your site name. Whitesox05. I was rooting for them that year even though I am a Cubs fan. Nice to see a baseball team win it for Chicago. 2016 was special for me.

Go Chicago!!

Reactions: markmacaluso
ADVERTISEMENT