ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 4!?!?!

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
Was an interesting week to say the least. Felt more like a regular football week. Alas, just two weeks left.

1 - That all has met the brakes in O Fallon.
2 - That we already knew LWE was good but that Lockport is better than we thought.
3 - That the ain’t over til it’s over award goes to Antioch. Sequoits go for two and get win vs Wauconda.
4 - That my heart breaks for Jack Dwyer of LZ. Back-to-back years season ending knee injury vs Warren. Just hate it.
5 - That Marist can play a little defense - no easy task shutting out Naz.
6 - That I’d love to see a Barrington-Prospect for all the MSL marbles game.
7 - That the wooden shoe fits one last time in the Fulton-Morrison rivalry.
8 - That the Leonard Bowl was an SHG coronation.
9 - That we don’t hear as much about Naperville Central as we should.
10 - That despite the strange 6-game season we still get the old school feel of a Saturday afternoon CG-PR game on grass, in the rain.

Two weeks left. Still glad we’ve got football.

Shout out to Wauconda for hanging tough with Antioch. The Bulldogs are having a nice, albeit short, season.

Are you saying, in this instance, someone beat the brakes ONTO someone???
That would be a no. It was a play on words to the all gas no brakes motto commonly used when referring to East St Louis. Essentially saying O Fallon was the brakes to ESL’s gas.

Reactions: Gene K.
That would be a no. It was a play on words to the all gas no brakes motto commonly used when referring to East St Louis. Essentially saying O Fallon was the brakes to ESL’s gas.
I too was playing on words ... the old saying beat the brakes off someone ... not trying to put words in your mouth.

LWW can slay a dragon once in awhile, setting up a likely week 6 tilt undefeated 5-0 vs LWE

Was an interesting week to say the least. Felt more like a regular football week. Alas, just two weeks left.

2 - That we already knew LWE was good but that Lockport is better than we thought.
3 - That the ain’t over til it’s over award goes to Antioch. Sequoits go for two and get win vs Wauconda.
4 - That my heart breaks for Jack Dwyer of LZ. Back-to-back years season ending knee injury vs Warren. Just hate it.
10 - That despite the strange 6-game season we still get the old school feel of a Saturday afternoon CG-PR game on grass, in the rain.

Not so fast Newt Buffalo Grove is 4-0 so it’s for all the marbles in the east this Friday. I think prospect is still favored but BG will have something to say about it

Not so fast Newt Buffalo Grove is 4-0 so it’s for all the marbles in the east this Friday. I think prospect is still favored but BG will have something to say about it
My bad Eagles - for got about Da Bison

Micah hasn't checked in yet, but this is what he'll say, all quotes from previous threads:

Warren is deep with talent.

They are loaded next year and years to come

Warren is loaded

Folks hate it but Warren is back

It's a new year and Warren has reloaded.

Warren Township ... the home of six flags has reloaded

They are reloading yearly.

Here are few more Micahisims!
Warren gets no respect
We have good teams up north
Warren doesn’t get noticed
Six flags reloads

funny stuff. Hahaha 🤣

Reactions: Blue Ruin
I think a lot of people blew off Nap Central after their close game with Marmion instead of just realizing Marmion has a strong team this year.

Reactions: BigGroff

IMO
The jury is still out on Lockport. They are 2-2.
They beat Bolingbrook 1-2 & Sandburg 1-2. Lockport has 2 games left Andrew 1-1 & Stagg 0-4. I don’t think we will learn much with the two games they have left. Yes they should end up with a winning spring record but their schedule is weak. The only surprise was a win over Bolingbrook but as everyone can see they are not the Bolingbrook we all are used to seeing. I hope they get better this fall but imo they have a ways to go to do any damage if they happen make the playoffs this fall.

I learned that Justin Lynch became Mount Carmel’s all time leading passer during Friday nights win, passing Mike McGrew who has held in for 30 years. That’s a monumental accomplishment at a school with MC’s history. Great job Justin.
You do throw a ton running the triple option

Reactions: Blue Ruin
LWW is better than we thought beating HF. That’s maybe one of their biggest wins in the schools history. 👍
Edgy thinks HF is really down this year... I saw the LWE v HF game and it just looked like typical LWE kicking the crap out of their opponent.

Reactions: The Outfit
Yeah, Micah, you're welcome here. I'm just playing with your words. And someday you'll be vindicated. Warren will beat LA and The Beast and take the 8A crown.
Come on down to 6A Micah. No drama just football. 😀

He maybe right but it’s still HF and huge for LWW.
Good teams are supposed to beat the teams their supposed to beat. West potentially is still a year away playing a lot of Jr’s.. the key will be consistent QB play. It is that way for all teams.

The jury may be out on Lockport, but that’s a team that went from 0-9 in 2018-19 and was beating LWE with a minute left in the first half on Friday night.
Seems to me they are trending pretty well in the right direction.

I hear you but losing at home and let’s be frank you play 4 quarters. I get what your saying, all I am saying is LP hasn’t played anyone with a winning record and when the finally played a team with a winning record they got blown out at home. Face it LWE woke up in the 2nd half and it was over. LP maybe getting better but they still have a ways to go.

I learned that Justin Lynch became Mount Carmel’s all time leading passer during Friday nights win, passing Mike McGrew who has held in for 30 years. That’s a monumental accomplishment at a school with MC’s history. Great job Justin.
May last 30 months this time. JL probably will throw more in this 6 game season than most MC starters for their career.

After seeing a few games each in-person, on live stream and in HUDL video, I think attaching too much meaning to the results of this season is not warranted. It is great that play has been allowed, but things are off and it may take a couple of consecutive, normalized seasons for equilibrium to occur.

After seeing a few games each in-person, on live stream and in HUDL video, I think attaching too much meaning to the results of this season is not warranted. It is great that play has been allowed, but things are off and it may take a couple of consecutive, normalized seasons for equilibrium to occur.
I don't disagree....I'll address this soon.

Reactions: The Outfit
ADVERTISEMENT