ADVERTISEMENT

What are the better summer camps to attend?

OK. What if OP said they have legitimate feedback and anticipate their kid playing the following?:

Power 5
FCS
Div 2
Div 3

Based on any of the anticipation track of the above, what camps should they attend?

OK. What if OP said they have legitimate feedback and anticipate their kid playing the following?:

Power 5
FCS
Div 2
Div 3

Based on any of the anticipation track of the above, what camps should they attend?
That's quite a swing, but depending on which end you are closer to on that spectrum, the more coaches that fit your talent will be there. That being said, even though my son wasn't allowed to go to any camps at the Power 5 or FCS level, we were planning on Illinois State, North Central and Northwestern.

I mean in a normal year (and again this is not a normal year whatsoever) I would see which schools have legitimate interest in your son....in this COVID no contact era any sort of calls/text and real interactions I feel constitute "interest".

Bang for the buck? I know Lindenwood is doing a Megacamp, not sure about North Central College...and Lake Forest College is also doing a megacamp as well which I've covered for years. If individual college are doing one day camps I would look at those as well.

if your son has strong academics Northwestern showcase is a must....since they draw tons of high level academic schools and in general a ton of MAC schools and below.

Megacamps offer a lot of coaches in one spot...but also understand they are packed and reps become very limited.

It also depends what level your son is at... is he a 2022 or younger? I advise younger guys to do 1-2 megacamps then go to smaller camps that will focus a bit more on instruction..also don't overcamp, avoid doing any back to back days and be prepared for anything.....some camps are 1-2 hours long others can be literally all day camps.

Any question feel free to email me edgytim@edgytim.com

ADVERTISEMENT