ADVERTISEMENT

We're 17th! (and you're not)

Did your parents have any children who lived?
This might be a scary thought for you. But, I am starting to think we have a little more in common than I previously thought. Your comment above was something that actually crossed my mind this morning in response to him. But then I thought, "Nah, I can't write that! I can't go that far!" But, honestly I was very tempted. I have no problem with you writing it. I was thinking of saying it anyway.

Reactions: mchsalumni
Beat a pretty marginal Montini team 27-20 on their home court.
What happened to Montini this year? I was under the impression, and I could have been mistaken, after the 2018 season ended that the Broncos expected to have one of their better teams in 2019.

What happened to Montini this year? I was under the impression, and I could have been mistaken, after the 2018 season ended that the Broncos expected to have one of their better teams in 2019.

Expectations were high. Team didn't seem to gel. Also missed the QB who transferred out to a school in Ohio. Having Deontay run and Robert pass was ideal.

Reactions: Gene K.
a pretty decent team

You watched three games but not the final. I have watched it three times now, and what I saw was a juggernaut. They were doing the blitzkrieg bop, and no one could have made them stop. This is both their offense and their defense:

Last edited:
Three times but not the final. If you had watched the final, you would have seen a juggernaut. They were doing the blitzkrieg bop, and no one could have made them stop.

I think there may have been a team right off I80 who would have had something to say about that.

I don't usually disagree with MCHSAlum but I definitely think Mount Carmel at the end of the year was playing a heck of a lot better as the season wore on. Much, much better in the playoffs than during the regular season. The victory over Naz was a complete team effort on offense and defense in dismal weather conditions. IMO they should definitely be in the discussion as to who is the best team in the state this year.

I don't usually disagree with MCHSAlum but I definitely think Mount Carmel at the end of the year was playing a heck of a lot better as the season wore on. Much, much better in the playoffs than during the regular season. The victory over Naz was a complete team effort on offense and defense in dismal weather conditions. IMO they should definitely be in the discussion as to who is the best team in the state this year.

Definitely top 3 but not 1.

Maybe #1 in Illinois but not at all matching with the top 10 nationally.

MC was the best team I saw on Saturday.

I'm seriously wondering why MC don't play a more national schedule if they're the flagship program. They talk like big dogs but schedule like house cats

Last edited:
I'm seriously wondering why MC don't play a more national schedule if they're the flagship program. They talk like big dogs but schedule like house cats
Perhaps they don't buy into mythical national championships and rankings in papers that know next to nothing about the landscape of football in the state?

MC has one of the better schedules last 2 seasons outside of week 1. A few people talking does not equal the entire fan base and every program has a few people spouting off every year. Lynch inherited the non conference schedule the past 2 seasons so no changes could happen. Nothing you can really do about the conference or crossover games. When MC first got the Nike deal I thought maybe it was a step towards more out of state games but who knows. If the privates ever split from IHSA I could see some doing more national type scheduling. But it can’t be easy with all the logistics and organizing that stuff.

If mc is the Bama of Illinois football prove it. Play Ben davis St X Warren central etc. Stop hating on nobodies like ESL JC etc
You clearly don't know anything about Bama.

Bama never schedules tough noncons because they claim the SEC is rigorous enough. Guaranteed cupcakes in at least two of their noncons.

You clearly don't know anything about Bama.

Bama never schedules tough noncons because they claim the SEC is rigorous enough. Guaranteed cupcakes in at least two of their noncons.
Your rebuttal is sad. I'd rather you just said f u O

Your rebuttal is sad. I'd rather you just said f u O
Why? It's literally the knock on Bama. They don't schedule hard games, so for you to state that if MC was Bama they'd schedule harder games is just flat wrong.

Are you okay?

I think this was misinterpretation and not seeing the sarcasm.
If they can't see straight maybe they should take some time off. Feel bad for @flyerforlife RN to share association with a bunch of goofs who cannot win with any sort of normalcy.

Imagine if ESL lost, what in heavens name would we be hearing? All this after a victory. Wow.

To be fair the last two times ESL was in the same "pond" as MC the Caravan kicked them out of the pond. And likely would have this year too.
I was there ... this year who knows... but stay focused mr worm... why wouldn't the premier football team in the 3rd largest city in THE COUNTRY constantly put itself in position to be national champions. Or even nationally relevant. By "all accounts" they have conquered Illinois.

I was there ... this year who knows... but stay focused mr worm... why wouldn't the premier football team in the 3rd largest city in THE COUNTRY constantly put itself in position to be national champions. Or even nationally relevant. By "all accounts" they have conquered Illinois.
Because mythical national championships are not an actual thing. If there were a tournament and you get to prove it on the field then you may have a point. As for now it's simply the opinion of people who don't know enough about any state in a news paper that probably tries to appeal to all states. I believe some here have asked if ESL wants to be on top why don't they request up to the top class. Maybe it's not important to them, I don't know.

Reactions: Bowie50
Same point of view for MC to claim the greatest ever they should do more. Why everyone else have something to prove but them? Is it too much to ask for the greatest program , past and present, do more to put Illinois football on the national scene

Same point of view for MC to claim the greatest ever they should do more. Why everyone else have something to prove but them? Is it too much to ask for the greatest program , past and present, do more to put Illinois football on the national scene
Everyone else doesn't have something to prove unless they want to. If MC was claiming to be the best in the nation then yeah it would make sense to schedule the best in the nation. If they want to claim best in the state then they should play the best in the state. If they only want to be the best in conference they should win conference.

But again, not everyone cares about the national scene, and with good reason because it's all speculative.

Reactions: Odirty
Ok they need to pipe down about being the big dog and govern themselves like house hounds. IF what you say is the case ijs

Gene, blink twice if you’re ok. Sending prayers

I just blinked twice. The wife said I'm okay after checking with her. Had my morning coffee and didn't spill it. Checking for my dexterity now. Pause. Everything seems to be working, but not as good as they did in the past.

My top three teams in the state would be Mount Carmel, East side and LWE in any order you would like to put them. Doesn't hurt too much that they beat the Broncos this year. Not!

MC seemed to play up/down to the level of teams they played during the regular season but they really turned on the gas (no brakes) during the playoffs. Taking nothing away from the other teams that played in the state finals, IMO, MC showed a more complete dominance of a very good offensive team in NAZ pretty much from start to finish that I didn't see with the other teams. (BTW in the same weather conditions) That said and being a Montini and CCL fan first and foremost, I stand by my original post of MC being tops in the state but can certainly understand all the arguments for other teams being at the top also.

I just blinked twice. The wife said I'm okay after checking with her. Had my morning coffee and didn't spill it. Checking for my dexterity now. Pause. Everything seems to be working, but not as good as they did in the past.

My top three teams in the state would be Mount Carmel, East side and LWE in any order you would like to put them. Doesn't hurt too much that they beat the Broncos this year. Not!

MC seemed to play up/down to the level of teams they played during the regular season but they really turned on the gas (no brakes) during the playoffs. Taking nothing away from the other teams that played in the state finals, IMO, MC showed a more complete dominance of a very good offensive team in NAZ pretty much from start to finish that I didn't see with the other teams. (BTW in the same weather conditions) That said and being a Montini and CCL fan first and foremost, I stand by my original post of MC being tops in the state but can certainly understand all the arguments for other teams being at the top also.
You’re analysis was spot on. What worried me and half this board was your public admission of agreeing with mchslum most of the time. I like his posts too but I wouldn’t say that aloud.

ADVERTISEMENT