ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 Openings

Bolingbrook(will play Lemont in Bolingbrook Friday 6PM)

I show the following open teams (if you have any additional info feel free to email me edgytim@edgytim.com)

Abingdon
Chicago Brooks
Chicago Carver will play Phillips JV team
Farmington
Proviso West
Metamora
U High
Orangeville
Pekin
Thornwood
West Frankfort
Loyola will host Phillips Fri 445pm
Joliet West
Bolingbrook wil host Leont Fri 6PM
Blue Island Eisenhower

Bolingbrook is open HF is shut down for COVID concerns

I show the following open teams (if you have any additional info feel free to email me edgytim@edgytim.com)

Abingdon
Chicago Brooks
Chicago Carver
Farmington
Proviso West
Metamora
U High
Orangeville
Pekin
Thornwood
West Frankfort
Loyola
Phillips
Is HF done for next week as well?

Bolingbrook(will play Lemont in Bolingbrook Friday 6PM)

Abingdon
Chicago Brooks
Chicago Carver will play Phillips JV team
Farmington
Proviso West
Metamora
U High
Orangeville
Pekin
Thornwood
West Frankfort
Loyola will host Phillips Fri 445pm
Joliet West
Bolingbrook wil host Leont Fri 6PM
Blue Island Eisenhower
Lemont at Bolingbrook is an intriguing match-up that would never have come to pass in a normal season. We must watch ourselves, however, in putting too much stock in the outcome.

I give these schools credit for taking on Loyola.

Phillips acquired instant credibility by beating Loyola with a goal-line stand in 2017. That was a better Phillips team and a lesser LA team, but I'm sure both coaches will use that game to motivate their players.

Last edited:
Lemont at Bolingbrook is an intriguing match-up that would never have come to pass in a normal season. We must watch ourselves, however, in putting too much stock in the outcome.
At the risk of repeating content from another thread, I have seen multiple games in person, some on streams and others from HUDL video library. To me, the results of this season could be considered outliers and not used too broadly for comparisons among programs, conferences and the like. Furthermore, it may take a couple, successive years of normalized seasons (and off-seasons) to regain equilibrium, In a reply to that thread, Edgy alluded to soon addressing this subject so I will be anxious to learn his take, too.

At the risk of repeating content from another thread, I have seen multiple games in person, some on streams and others from HUDL video library. To me, the results of this season could be considered outliers and not used too broadly for comparisons among programs, conferences and the like. Furthermore, it may take a couple, successive years of normalized seasons (and off-seasons) to regain equilibrium, In a reply to that thread, Edgy alluded to soon addressing this subject so I will be anxious to learn his take, too.

Everyone has been dealt the exact same hand if anything stronger programs should have an advantage in a more bare bones season since they have system in place and should excel.

One thing we don’t really know about because of the virus is the effect it has on football at schools that are, for lack of a better term, basketball schools where football is definitely secondary. The now-closing St. Joseph is an example of a basketball school that was not a factor in football.
From what I can follow this spring it appears that many of the traditional football powerhouses are as strong as ever. I will use Loyola, L-W East, Maine South, Barrington, Warren, etc. as examples.
What I wonder is what is the current state of football at the traditional also-rans aka basketball schools.
I mean, football is not the No. 1 thing to do at many schools and I wonder if numbers at those type schools are way down which would suggest that in next couple of years the spread between the football powers and the others will get even bigger than it has been. That would be unfortunate but I am thinking that could be a consequence of Covid. Two barometers in the future that will be easy to monitor will be roster size and the number of 40-point spreads. Hopefully the gap between haves and have nots won’t get bigger but truly time will tell.

One thing we don’t really know about because of the virus is the effect it has on football at schools that are, for lack of a better term, basketball schools where football is definitely secondary. The now-closing St. Joseph is an example of a basketball school that was not a factor in football.
From what I can follow this spring it appears that many of the traditional football powerhouses are as strong as ever. I will use Loyola, L-W East, Maine South, Barrington, Warren, etc. as examples.
What I wonder is what is the current state of football at the traditional also-rans aka basketball schools.
I mean, football is not the No. 1 thing to do at many schools and I wonder if numbers at those type schools are way down which would suggest that in next couple of years the spread between the football powers and the others will get even bigger than it has been. That would be unfortunate but I am thinking that could be a consequence of Covid. Two barometers in the future that will be easy to monitor will be roster size and the number of 40-point spreads. Hopefully the gap between haves and have nots won’t get bigger but truly time will tell.
Interesting point.
I would advise any school with an enrollment problem to drop all sports while adding lacrosse, field hockey and sailing. No school that I’m aware of with those sports has closed.

Add Prairie Ridge to the list of teams looking. Jacobs season is now over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT