ADVERTISEMENT

Warren 43, Lake Zurich 0.

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
Can’t remember Warren putting a running clock on Lake Zurich. Bears are down - Warren sophomores shined tonight.

How many coaches has LZ gone through? Pretty tough to keep it going when that keeps happening.

I don’t know - last HC went to a state title game so I’m not sure coaching turnover has much to do with it.

I think Warren is really really good and LZ is a bit down. I know the hazing scandal is several years behind them, but I wonder if it had an impact on lower levels and they are realizing it now...

I think Warren is really really good and LZ is a bit down. I know the hazing scandal is several years behind them, but I wonder if it had an impact on lower levels and they are realizing it now...
Lake Zurich is 1/3 with win over one of the three basketball schools in the league.
Bears also lost to libertyville and lake forest though by nothing close to 43/0.
Warren I m guessing is catching bad break with zero postseason plus no chance to play a top end foe non-conference as they always do. Barrington and Maine south are no strangers to playing Warren but obviously this season has not worked out. And as bad luck would have it, Warren doesn’t even play lake forest this season due to short season. This of course is exactly why the short season is a bummer. There is no way to evaluate Warren against other big school powerhouses. No head to head no common opponents no playoffs. Very sad and unfortunate.

This is development for Warren. The Seniors have schlorships already. Malachi McNeal & Tommy Matheson are dominant & All State players. McNulty is developing is OL & DL. He 8 sophomores starting or playing significant reps. The freshman team is stacked... its the kids who won Heavy TCYFL superbowl. They are reloading yearly. Warren is getting ready to make a state run in fall. This sprimg gives McNulty a chance to get his kids in weight room. All key players will start off season training right after season is over. Kids out north will want to play for Warren. Warren is top public big school football team out north. There is talent on every level. Mac breeds competition, physicalness and agression. Playing some top tier programs is not happening this spring... Warren not being recognized just makes the chip bigger on thier shoulders. McNulty insist his players take care of thier academics and requires high character. Let's talk next season. ... the talk is catholic league and schools out south & west this shorten season. Home of six flags 🎢🏈💪🏾

This is development for Warren. The Seniors have schlorships already. Malachi McNeal & Tommy Matheson are dominant & All State players. McNulty is developing is OL & DL. He 8 sophomores starting or playing significant reps. The freshman team is stacked... its the kids who won Heavy TCYFL superbowl. They are reloading yearly. Warren is getting ready to make a state run in fall. This sprimg gives McNulty a chance to get his kids in weight room. All key players will start off season training right after season is over. Kids out north will want to play for Warren. Warren is top public big school football team out north. There is talent on every level. Mac breeds competition, physicalness and agression. Playing some top tier programs is not happening this spring... Warren not being recognized just makes the chip bigger on thier shoulders. McNulty insist his players take care of thier academics and requires high character. Let's talk next season. ... the talk is catholic league and schools out south & west this shorten season. Home of six flags 🎢🏈💪🏾
Not recognized? They are ranked number 4 and always named as a top team by everyone.

How many coaches has LZ gone through? Pretty tough to keep it going when that keeps happening.
Mertens took the team to state, and planz came in a year after. Planz totally changed the culture of Lake Zurich Football. It’s not what it used to be. A lot of the kids don’t like him and he has changed everyone’s mindsets about football.

He played. and had few good tackles. Warren offense via more positions due to great defense .... they grind teams down. It's not pretty but old school football. Run and play action pass and rely on a solid defense. Malachi McNeal is the best LB in state in my opinion. The kid is nasty, instinctive, athletic for his size and extremely competitive. It shows in showcases and when pads come on. His length is seen has factor at the next level.

ADVERTISEMENT