ADVERTISEMENT

Upset NIB 12

I'm not going to say I called it but I called it. First time beating them in 4 years. NIB 12 race is under way again. Last year was a 3 way tie..conference play records:

Kaneland 1-0 next Sycamore
Dekalb . 1-1 .Next Morris
Sycamore 1-1
Yorkville. 0-1 next Rochelle
Morris. 0-1

IMO....IMO Dekalb over rated for 6a..Kaneland under rated 5a..Sterling a very good team in 5a..let you know next week about Sycamore Morris Yorkville.

I asked about the game.

There were a series of fortunate events that led to the Kaneland victory.

It’s High School football - things happen and everyone is back at next Friday.

To say you “called” that victory.. well I can’t help you.

The paper put out a polite well written article.

Thank you for sharing.

Good luck to the Knights, I hope it works out for you here.

you're right. There were a series of events that led to the Victory and their are series of events that lead to all victories in close games. But I'd like to know what you think the events were. In my opinion it comes down to being a discipline football team and keeping your head when it counts. In no way did DeKalb give that game way. kaneland took that game away. I think what got the boys fired up was when your new athletic director decided to get on the refs in the game. Your coach said it best. In the end kaneland wanted it more and I don't think the Dekalb took us seriously.

When I said I called the victory, that was in my predictions in the beginning of the week. DeKalb is a top-notch program and we are going to miss playing them in the future. Hopefully they can work something out schedule-wise.

Quite a ramble - that’s what I was looking for.

Can’t say I agree, but seriously good luck to you and the Knights.

not sure if you're from DeKalb or not,xcornx but I should not have taken a shot at your athletic director. He just left us on bad terms.. a lot of people did not like the way he left. my son is a junior now and I also have a freshman and 8th grader. DeKalb is a great football program and we have a hard time beating them so it gets pretty emotional.

last night at the game I heard a lot of names from the Dekalb team that I recognized through the years. Good luck on rest of season

Reactions: XcornX
Kaneland had a good offense but I thought the D was a little slow, they could not stop Sterling, Kaneland scored the most on Sterling than anyone has this year, I’ve been saying that Kaneland is under rated, Sycamore is also underrated, Sterling in my opinion is even under rated according to the AP standards anyway,

Yeah it's no secret AP sucks.... Kaneland at sycamore next Friday.. Winner of that has the inside track to conference Title on East Side.

Reactions: Gene K.
Yorkville was without biggest playmaker by far on O and leading rusher and still should have beaten Sycamore before OT. Talk about a few series of plays and referees changing a game..... Sycamore made gutsy call to go for 2 and the win in OT and ran a nice play on busted coverage. Keep an eye out for Yville, especially if get receiver back.

Reactions: gags33
Good luck vs the Hubs..see you in a couple weeks. I hope your receiver gets back on track.

Reactions: Brad0710
This week we have Sycamore. It is also their homecoming I believe.

Projections have kaneland at 6 a. All year they've been classed in 5a in the polls and rankings. If you read the soucie post it explains... Not sure how kaneland gets a 3 or 4 seed in these projections in 6A. They must have them projecting to win out or just lose one more. Sycamore and Yorkville is a good test. Very equal teams to Kaneland... And with Rochelle and Morris I think we have a edge but anything can happen.

When I saw our schedule in the beginning of the year, I felt for this team it was going to be a challenge to make the playoffs. Anything above 7 -2 would be a very successful season with whom they were playing.

If anyone noticed Soucie doesn’t have Morris making it in. If they do it will be interesting to see where they would land 4a/5a if they do.

Unfortunately I see them at 4-5...5-4 if they can beat one of the 3, kaneland Dekalb or sycamore. Shame cause they are typically 4a school...they wouldve fared better on the west side of conference.

Hey NIB fans.. Let's not use this thread anymore and just use the other thread...Northern Illinois Big 12.i startsed them both but they are the same...to much jumping around.o_O OK? ..K.

ADVERTISEMENT