ADVERTISEMENT

Two new head coaching hires announced

I have heard the following regarding job-hunting in D230 as a teacher starting out: the WELCOME MAT is not necessarily out. The impression exists that their district can attract experienced teachers who are willing to come in at the bottom of the salary schedule and forego applying existing years of credit already in the classroom elsewhere. Bottom line: build your resume in a "starter" district for a few years?

I have heard the following regarding job-hunting in D230 as a teacher starting out: the WELCOME MAT is not necessarily out. The impression exists that their district can attract experienced teachers who are willing to come in at the bottom of the salary schedule and forego applying existing years of credit already in the classroom elsewhere. Bottom line: build your resume in a "starter" district for a few years?

I would agree with what you said. It is amazing how many new hires already have experience in the classroom, especially from the private schools. Recently, D230 also has limited job openings. It is a desirable district and rarely anyone leaves, except for retirement

ADVERTISEMENT