ADVERTISEMENT

TV Broadcast

I disagree,it was a disaster broadcast people where texting me all night how bad it was,first thing at work today people where talking about it. I hope for the players and parents next yr is better.
Aside from the rain playing havoc with the cameras, what qualified it as "a disaster broadcast" ?

Not everyone could watch it. That was the whole disaster. When you alienate areas. Direct tv could show. Could not find a stream and no hd broadcast is a disaster. Every other state shows their states championships on sports net. We can watch Iowa Wisconsin Florida Texas games. But no other state can watch any of ours that is simply pathetic.
I don’t care about the announcers. I don’t care about the sidelines. You can simply during the warm ups show the trophy presentations. You can simply do coach discussions during breaks and halftime. These are simple production runs that everyone can do. But if you can’t see it in your area how do grandparents and other family members get to watch if they cannot make it out or live in another state. It is shameful plain and simple

Not everyone could watch it. That was the whole disaster. When you alienate areas. Direct tv could show. Could not find a stream and no hd broadcast is a disaster. Every other state shows their states championships on sports net. We can watch Iowa Wisconsin Florida Texas games. But no other state can watch any of ours that is simply pathetic.
I don’t care about the announcers. I don’t care about the sidelines. You can simply during the warm ups show the trophy presentations. You can simply do coach discussions during breaks and halftime. These are simple production runs that everyone can do. But if you can’t see it in your area how do grandparents and other family members get to watch if they cannot make it out or live in another state. It is shameful plain and simple
So you're talking about out of state coverage? Well...that is unfortunate, I will agree. I used to watch the Michigan State Championships on one of the Fox Sports Net channels, but Comcast dropped them several years ago and I haven't seen them since. As far as streaming, is that goofy NFHS service only good in Illinois? I wouldn't go near that set up....

They had 2 cameras that where completely useless and they kept going back to those 2 shot for hrs.Then with the crazy stations on the TVs for everyone,also no HD which made it Blury.People couldn’t even get it in half the state.

They had 2 cameras that where completely useless and they kept going back to those 2 shot for hrs.Then with the crazy stations on the TVs for everyone,also no HD which made it Blury.People couldn’t even get it in half the state.
The end zone shot was fine. They showed it for about 3% of the broadcast. I know it's not the "traditional" football broadcast, but if they can't get the main camera unfogged, improvise for God's sake!

So first time in 32 years I could not view games due to having Direct TV so we will be ditching them soon. But based upon the poor IHSA broadcast I guess not much was missed. Was able to see PR vs ESTL via the City of Champions You Tube channel. Full game is out there now for viewing but beware its from the side lines. Really wanted to see the Rochester vs St Rita game.

Reactions: go dogz
I don't know if anyone mentioned it but, the first mistake they made in the production was to put the games on a channel that is not an HD channel. I am not sure if this was true for everyone. But here, channel 360, U too, is not HD. l.
I don't know where you live, but channel 230 is UTOO HD in Lake County.

Reactions: Zebra
So first time in 32 years I could not view games due to having Direct TV so we will be ditching them soon.

While I'm no fan of Comast, at least they show everything. yYou might need the top tier package, but it's there.
Yes, they are expensive You can, however, call them and complain about your package price. "I think I'm going to cut the cord" is the magic expression. They'll mumble and moan about how much they love you, and they'll put you on hold while they pretend to speak with their supervisor. They'll come back with a much better deal if you're willing to sign up for two years. Two years! Hell, I might not be here in two weeks. I jump at it.

And the broadcast team didn't do much homework, either. They were amazed that Rita was able to "bottle up" Irving from Hillcrest (who didn't dress for the game).
i heard that also. It was stated assertitively by the color -analysis man as if he had been at the Rita-Hillcrest game, even though he was not.

Reactions: IgorStL and eireog
I don't know where you live, but channel 230 is UTOO HD in Lake County.
Well, I am the kind of person who admits mistakes and you are right. UTOO is in HD on channel 230 here too. My mistake for sure. As you can see, I never watch that channel so I was channel surfing in the 300s and found it on 360.

It is weird, because whenever I flip to a non HD channel and an HD channel is available, my screen goes right to the HD channel. Kind of an override. So, if I was to flip to channel 9 for WGN, I will automatically be sent to channel 192 instead. I just tried it and it goes right to channel 192. It does the same for CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN, FOX News and MSNBC. But, when I go to channel 360 it stays there. The damned thing is haunted.

I wish I had known this on Saturday. I guess I have another HD channel I never watch and probably won't till next year if the games are carried there again. By the way, thank you.

While I'm no fan of Comast, at least they show everything. yYou might need the top tier package, but it's there.
Yes, they are expensive You can, however, call them and complain about your package price. "I think I'm going to cut the cord" is the magic expression. They'll mumble and moan about how much they love you, and they'll put you on hold while they pretend to speak with their supervisor. They'll come back with a much better deal if you're willing to sign up for two years. Two years! Hell, I might not be here in two weeks. I jump at it.
I have to agree and I have also tried all the avenues with other carriers to get a better deal. But when I look at any other carrier, they don't give me what I can get from Comcast for the same price. So, I have never switched. I also have them for the internet and I am happy with them.

But answer something for me. I want to see if this is affecting you too. Last May I was still on an old Comcast package. One of my control boxes started to act up so I took it in for an exchange. They told me I could upgrade the whole system to the new internet based system, keep all of my channels and things I had saved on DVR. And I would pay less. Who would say no? I made the switch. Sometimes I wish I hadn't. I actually lost everything I had saved and getting the thing working was a pain and a guy from Comcast had to come over.

The TV goes out a lot more than it did before. As a matter of fact the last time it went out before the switch was during a bad snowstorm with high winds four or five years ago. We lost all power. But now, it happens now and then. We get a message that says the internet is down and whatever channel it is on it stays there. I called Comcast and they said the internet is being upgraded. Sure, you get credits but it is annoying. I started leaving the TVs on certain different channels when I turn them off in case it happens and I can't navigate away.

I wish Comcast had some serious competition, but they really don't and I am not putting a damned satellite dish on my house and looking like a hillbilly. LOL!

Well, I am the kind of person who admits mistakes and you are right. UTOO is in HD on channel 230 here too. My mistake for sure. As you can see, I never watch that channel so I was channel surfing in the 300s and found it on 360.

It is weird, because whenever I flip to a non HD channel and an HD channel is available, my screen goes right to the HD channel. Kind of an override. So, if I was to flip to channel 9 for WGN, I will automatically be sent to channel 192 instead. I just tried it and it goes right to channel 192. It does the same for CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN, FOX News and MSNBC. But, when I go to channel 360 it stays there. The damned thing is haunted.

I wish I had known this on Saturday. I guess I have another HD channel I never watch and probably won't till next year if the games are carried there again. By the way, thank you.

I just subscribed when the playoffs started with NFHS for the $10 and watched from round 1 to the finals this last weekend. Streamed it to my TV and I was fortunate enough not to have any buffering or streaming issues....just issues with camera placement or cameras following the plays.lol I usually attend several games during the playoffs around the state but I had a knee replacement about a month ago so being able to watch via the internet allowed me to watch games so $10 was a bargin.

[QUOTE="LTHSALUM76, post: 233234,
I wish Comcast had some serious competition, but they really don't and I am not putting a damned satellite dish on my house and looking like a hillbilly. LOL![/QUOTE]

Reactions: Gene K.
We moved last April and were assured by Comcast that my almost=perfect Comcast TV and computer service would be replicated in the new house.

They sent a kid, about 18 or so, to make the installation in my new home. He had very little experience or training.

I was just about to call Comcast when I got a recorded message from them asking about my experience that day. I gave them all failing marks. Within 20 minutes, the regional manager called very apologetically and offered to come by the next day. I accepted and he fixed everything ( I mean everything) to my satisfaction. You should call and insist on speaking to a supervisor ... demand that he come to your home, or you'll switch to Direct TV. It should work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT