ADVERTISEMENT

Turf baseball field

sporthog9er

Jun 9, 2001
Believe Bolingbrook is in the works to replace current baseball field with turf . Think any ohter schools will follow suit? Become the norm soon around here?

Reactions: Gene K.
Providence and Vernon Hills have both had them for a while. I'm sure there are some others as well. If schools can afford it on the front end, it saves them a lot of money and effort with upkeep. Also allows for more tournaments, showcases, etc.

Was not aware Providence had a turf baseball field. Will have to check that out
After I saw your reply, I went to see if I could find a pic online. I couldn't though. So having heard that secondhand I'm now thinking it might not be accurate. I know for a fact VH does though.

Provi does not have a turf baseball field, but they do have one of the better grass fields

Chicago Christian has a turf infield, I believe Romeoville is joining Bolingbrook in having a turf infield installed. There also is a small private school near Wheaton that has a turf infield , just can't remember who it is.

Chicago Christian has a turf infield, I believe Romeoville is joining Bolingbrook in having a turf infield installed. There also is a small private school near Wheaton that has a turf infield , just can't remember who it is.

St Francis?

After I saw your reply, I went to see if I could find a pic online. I couldn't though. So having heard that secondhand I'm now thinking it might not be accurate. I know for a fact VH does though.
it just looks like turf....THE NICEST field in HS baseball.

I haven’t been out there for a few years, but Bradley-Bourbonnais used to have one of the most well maintained fields in the area too.

Reactions: Gene K.
Does Hope use Kerry Wood?

They play their games at Altgeld, combo football/baseball/softball turf field.. their logo is on the field, so not sure what kind of arrangement they have with the park district

You don’t need turf, you need The Sodfather. As Hawk would say, “That’s a Roger Bossard field!”

ADVERTISEMENT