ADVERTISEMENT

TRO is denied in IHSA case

We didn’t have a strong case. The argument we brought forward was easily defended. I said in an earlier post we were throwing crap at the wall and hoping it stuck. It didn’t.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
The most impacting sentence from the IHSA statement IMO was: "This lawsuit shines a light on the need for more data and transparency from IDPH and state leadership on what benchmarks need to be accomplished in order for the IHSA to conduct further sports offerings." Who is going to press for this and how high would the bar be set? It could go as far as IL being at a Phase 5 level before certain sports opening, which would be a crushing blow.

My opinion I think IHSA just made another massive mistake by calling for benchmarks to be met. Might have screwed it all by asking for IDPH to come up with numbers to be met because guess what...you may not like those numbers and they might not be reasonable. Other state associations ask for numbers to in order to play?....No, they just said we will play. And they are. It's not rocket science.

It seems yesterday's news was at the very least a reality check for many. Suddenly I'm getting texts asking What do we need to do to play in the Spring? and parents of JR's starting to looking into other options for schooling altogether. On the flip side, real discussions of leaving Illinois within 1-2 years are happening in my household.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT