ADVERTISEMENT

Tribune Poll Out of Whack

Interesting... i have advocated for a level playing field. Only a paritisian person would see a level playing field anti Catholic.

I'm sure since you don't know me as others on this board do, that I have 12 years of Catholic education.

No I'm not anti Catholic. I'm anti Hypocrisy.

1. I never brought up anything re public/ private. Fight with someone else

2. Was there another poster from one of the L:W schools some years back that also used "da" in his board name? I'm sure that guy had zero years of Catholic education.

Reactions: Gene K.
You guys got crushed by Nazareth in the semis. We took LZ all the way to the final minute. Oh, and by the way, we beat you on the field. Period. Thank you.
giphy.gif

Reactions: NNFAN
You guys got crushed by Nazareth in the semis. We took LZ all the way to the final minute. Oh, and by the way, we beat you on the field. Period. Thank you.

LZ had the lead with 10 minutes left in the game, MC choked and threw a int.in the last minute, please get your facts straight. What time is MC playing this weekend? Oh thats right MC went as far as PC did in play offs, no matter what the score was! Wow what a salty person you are. Its ok, MC cant win every year. But don't worry you have your tough schedule in the Green next year, you can finally get back to your "winning" ways, and will be ranked near the top, just to make you happy, crybaby!
MC got crushed by the only 2 real teams it played during the season LA & SR.
Loses to D, wins 2 playoff games due to missed xp's and gets beat again by a real team in the semis. Deal with it. You will have your rankings next year.

Reactions: first n10
Its ok, MC cant win every year. But don't worry you have your tough schedule in the Green next year, you can finally get back to your "winning" ways, and will be ranked near the top, just to make you happy, crybaby!
Loses to D, wins 2 playoff games due to missed xp's and gets beat again by a real team in the semis. Deal with it. You will have your rankings next year.
Ouch...

1. I never brought up anything re public/ private. Fight with someone else

2. Was there another poster from one of the L:W schools some years back that also used "da" in his board name? I'm sure that guy had zero years of Catholic education.

MC The post was directed to jwarigaku

You and I - we're good...

Hes not going to rip on me and not get it back, he needs to hear the truth.
Yea you got him alright.
LZ had the lead with 10 minutes left in the game, MC choked and threw a int.in the last minute, please get your facts straight. What time is MC playing this weekend? Oh thats right MC went as far as PC did in play offs, no matter what the score was! Wow what a salty person you are. Its ok, MC cant win every year. But don't worry you have your tough schedule in the Green next year, you can finally get back to your "winning" ways, and will be ranked near the top, just to make you happy, crybaby!
giphy.gif

OK guys. Now that this thread has taken several twists and turns it's time for me to bow out. Enjoy your Thanksgiving. :)

Interesting... i have advocated for a level playing field. Only a paritisian person would see a level playing field anti Catholic.

I'm sure since you don't know me as others on this board do, that I have 12 years of Catholic education.

No I'm not anti Catholic. I'm anti Hypocrisy.
MC63 is not partisian. He has never even been to Partisia.

Reactions: NNFAN
Truth be told, Normal community and ESL are head and shoulders superior to anyone provi beat in 6a (with all due respect to Larry). And 35-34 is really the only stat that matters here. See you next year provi

LWEdad,

You do nothing on here but whine about the Catholics and how this is a private school board blah blah blah. Get over it and yourself, just because you are the product of a Catholic education doesn't mean you endorse it or even want to tolerate it. My Children and I have been educated in both private Catholic school settings and public school settings. There are benefits and advantages at both, which means by nature they are on a level playing field. Stop being a hypocrite and trying to define situations as they develop and the outcomes vary from your desires.
Didn’t you move away?

I’m honestly not sure why this poll matters. I haven’t seen it, but isn’t it pretty much just one guys opinion?

Not to mention, I didn’t hear anyone complaining when MC was ranked super high at the beginning of the year when you were dead last in the blue last year.

Both of our seasons are over, both of our teams are watching the games from home, and both of us had a deep run in the playoffs. Next year you guys should reign supreme. Moving down to the green, not having to play Loyola, and their superior nutritioned players, should help you have another great run in the post season.

My belief is that Provi will be down. They graduate 90 plus percent of their starters and still have to face blue competition. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they make the playoffs.

Good luck to you next year.

Reactions: Bowie50 and NNFAN
Caravan beats Provi in regular season, and finishes with 9 - 4 record, versus 8 - 5 for Providence. Yet, Celtics two spots higher than MC in Trib poll.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/highschoolsports/ct-chicago-area-high-school-football-week-14-rankings-20171120-story.html
Ranking teams is subjective, and to do it fairly is very complicated. Biases and prejudices of the not only the principle but of the fans is next to impossible to overcome. Criteria for example: common opponent, strength of conference and strength of schedule, improving performances, and intangible attributes all have to be weighed objectively in some form or fashion. Considering all this, and as a LZ fan, I agree the Tribune’s assessment is at best lumpy.

I’m honestly not sure why this poll matters. I haven’t seen it, but isn’t it pretty much just one guys opinion?

Not to mention, I didn’t hear anyone complaining when MC was ranked super high at the beginning of the year when you were dead last in the blue last year.

Both of our seasons are over, both of our teams are watching the games from home, and both of us had a deep run in the playoffs. Next year you guys should reign supreme. Moving down to the green, not having to play Loyola, and their superior nutritioned players, should help you have another great run in the post season.

My belief is that Provi will be down. They graduate 90 plus percent of their starters and still have to face blue competition. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they make the playoffs.

Good luck to you next year.
We DO play LA next year -- at their stadium.

We'll have to load up the bus with Gately Dogs to overcome their kale advantage.

Actually, LA people get a lot of unwarranted flak. I've always been treated well, there, and I found a great secret parking spot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT