ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer question . . .

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
If an athlete transfers in his own district - and his former school won't sign off on the concurrence form - does the IHSA step in and rule on his eligibility or do they just ignore it and leave it up to the district?

And, for clarification's sake, this is wouldn't be a CPS matter, since the IHSA doesn't bother them.

I was just wondering the same thing! Saw a QB who spent his first 3 years at Fremd wind up on Palatine's roster for this fall and wondered how/if that's allowed.

It used to be pretty cut and dry. Now, like everything, loop holes were found, Lawyers got involved and I can’t figure it out.

If an athlete transfers in his own district - and his former school won't sign off on the concurrence form - does the IHSA step in and rule on his eligibility or do they just ignore it and leave it up to the district?

And, for clarification's sake, this is wouldn't be a CPS matter, since the IHSA doesn't bother them.

It's the wild west in CPS. Every school recruits and no one says a word.

Reactions: Irish LB
I know in the 90s Deerfield & Highland Park athletes would transfer to & from without penalty...not sure if anything has changed and I'm no expert on the paperwork.

I know in the 90s Deerfield & Highland Park athletes would transfer to & from without penalty...not sure if anything has changed and I'm no expert on the paperwork.

I believe it was limited only to those who lived on the boarder of Deerfield and HP. They had a choice to either attend DF or HP. Same School District

I believe it was limited only to those who lived on the boarder of Deerfield and HP. They had a choice to either attend DF or HP. Same School District
Same district, yes. Deerfield kids must attend DHS, Highland Park kids west of route 41 may attend either school. But there was no penalty for transferring.

On which side of the tracks does this QB live? And did he move?

No idea. Guessing the family moved? Kid's name is Zac Garnmeister. Top Gun 7on7 MVP so he must be pretty good. I think he was one of the two Fremd QBs who got injured in that one game last year, necessitating them turning to the sophomore QB Saxe.

No idea. Guessing the family moved? Kid's name is Zac Garnmeister. Top Gun 7on7 MVP so he must be pretty good. I think he was one of the two Fremd QBs who got injured in that one game last year, necessitating them turning to the sophomore QB Saxe.

Read my preview in the DH in a few weeks and I will update you

ADVERTISEMENT