ADVERTISEMENT

Totally confused

gen22

Nov 14, 2012
I am a public school teacher. My school district is starting in person instruction on the 19th. The superintendent sent the school board a memo stating all of the reasons school should be in session. The school board all voted yes. The reasons stated were scientific data from WHO and the CDC. Data that said schools are not superspreaders and there hasn’t been large outbreaks in schools. Also data that outlines the negative impact of children’s mental health from not being in school. My problem is this is the same superintendent and school board who voted against playing sports. So they can use scientific data to support opening schools but not for playing sports. Tell me what is wrong with that picture. If kids can attend school, they surely can play sports. Every school board and superintendent in the state of Illinois should be advocating for sports

Agree 100%. As with most things in life, politics and agendas get in the way. Hopefully, with Cuomo changing his tune (open up everything) JB will take the cue.

Reactions: Bowie50
I am a public school teacher. My school district is starting in person instruction on the 19th. The superintendent sent the school board a memo stating all of the reasons school should be in session. The school board all voted yes. The reasons stated were scientific data from WHO and the CDC. Data that said schools are not superspreaders and there hasn’t been large outbreaks in schools. Also data that outlines the negative impact of children’s mental health from not being in school. My problem is this is the same superintendent and school board who voted against playing sports. So they can use scientific data to support opening schools but not for playing sports. Tell me what is wrong with that picture. If kids can attend school, they surely can play sports. Every school board and superintendent in the state of Illinois should be advocating for sports

I am not a smart man so I likely can’t decipher this. My take is that the school district is behind starting school but it doesn’t stand behind sports.

What I’ve seen is everyone doesn’t want to be the first guy but they will go back if everyone else does - hence we won’t get sued because

How long are we going to wait to play sports? 44 states are playing. This is political theatre for Pritzker. Until someone, ANYONE, mounts some sort of pressure on him and his administration, nothing changes. That power hungry sl@b loves seeing people angry. He's not stupid, but I truly believe he is evil.

How long are we going to wait to play sports? 44 states are playing. This is political theatre for Pritzker. Until someone, ANYONE, mounts some sort of pressure on him and his administration, nothing changes. That power hungry sl@b loves seeing people angry. He's not stupid, but I truly believe he is evil.

Maybe next fall after school board elections this April. Maybe.

I am not a smart man so I likely can’t decipher this. My take is that the school district is behind starting school but it doesn’t stand behind sports.

What I’ve seen is everyone doesn’t want to be the first guy but they will go back if everyone else does - hence we won’t get sued because

No ones a leader. They are all followers.

I actually think this new information is what WILL BRING BACK SPORTS. I know it’s a doom and gloom attitude on the subject and I understand why it looks that way, but based on this data, I do feel IHSA, IDPH, will allow sports including football very soon.

This is what many people have been saying since August. All the science and data that is being used now was available in August. Only problem was it wasn't ours (i.e. from United States) it was from other countries that had already opened up their schools. Sadly this is looking less and less like a public health policy decisions that have led to severe implications for the younger generation for years to come.

Reactions: sporthog9er
ADVERTISEMENT